US Patent Office finally woke up.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
suing_1875920i.jpg

It was a few years ago when the famous Apple v Samsung patent suit took over the Internet. Apple's famous 'square phone' argument just seemed too ridiculous for many and questioned the validity of the patent office. Years later it looks like the patent office finally caught on and will be overturning their previous decision.
Though it is a little too late it is nice to see our patent office finally caught on to what everyone else was saying even if it is when we moved on from square phone to paper thin phones.

Source: US Patent Office Overturns Infamous Apple iPhone Design Patent Samsung May Not Be Paying Apple Much After All

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The original iPhone happened to look like a Samsung media player that was released before it so I still can't figure out how they were able to win that case.

samsung-design-copied-by-apple1.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I sure wish these companies would pour the money they spend on these stupid legal battles into more R&D and innovation. Good to see the patent office finally start to get it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sure wish these companies would pour the money they spend on these stupid legal battles into more R&D and innovation. Good to see the patent office finally start to get it.
It'll die down soon, hopefully, and we will go from patent suit season back to innovating season.

What draws me to the Nexus (particularly the moto nexus 6) is that my phone looks different. I don't want to follow the crowd. I mean if everyone was to put their phones in a bucket I could easily pick mine out and keep going while people are having to turn on the display and look at their wallpapers to tell their devices apart from each other.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wanted to try the Nexus 6 until they released it with the huge screen. Maybe the next round will be better with two screen sizes.