US Milestone Owners and OTA Update

mpmilestogo

Reaction score
Anyone in the USofA seen the message change when they have their milestone query for updates? I still get the server unavailable message here. Fixing to travel to Hong Kong, Singapore, and India soon. Would like to have market enabler work which requires root to work so I can have access to paid applications. Also use backup for root users on my HTC devices with great success (Nexus1 and Hero).

I'm still not sure how the phone will be updated here if I bought it from Amazon or expansys or somewhere. Is it the consensus of the wise here that US phones bought from Amazon will get OTA updates?

pajo

Reaction score
as many, many times before, OFFICIAL statement from motorola is that it doesn't matter where are you at the moment, your updates will be pushed by your IMEI - so if your phone is from eg. italy, then you will be getting updates from servers when italy gets updates (and you can download updates from USA, UK, or antarctica - if you get there some data connection)

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
as many, many times before, OFFICIAL statement from motorola is that it doesn't matter where are you at the moment, your updates will be pushed by your IMEI - so if your phone is from eg. italy, then you will be getting updates from servers when italy gets updates (and you can download updates from USA, UK, or antarctica - if you get there some data connection)

That is right!