Milestone gets OTA 2.1 ***UPDATED***

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
NINE home screens? NINE?!?!

Now, I don't know much, but isn't the Milestone the same phone as the Droid, hardware-wise? So that would indicate that there shouldn't be any problem with 2.1 on the Droid having that many home screens, right?

See, now at this point, I'm going to be upset if we don't get five screens with 2.1, as the previous reports indicated it was still three. Helix is nice, but more than one or two widgets outside of the three main screens on it means endless force closes, which kinda defeats the purpose of the extra screens for me in a lot of ways. Having an official ROM with at least 5 would be wonderful, and now knowing that the hardware can handle that... I'm going to be upset if we don't get that eventually.

helix launcher is 100% stable. sorry to say. try using it on a clean install

Helix Launcher is not 100% stable. I have installed it and uninstalled it several times. If you have widgets outside the three main screens, it force closes often.

Helix is great, but it's a shortcoming. I can live with it, but I'd MUCH rather have an official update with five+ screens.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
so, Tigger, did you receive the OTA 2.1?

Nope....im running something else ;)
BTW

*****OT POST UPDATED******

how's your 2.1 running? (I saw your root leaked thread)

run smooth?

actually i had it for 1 and a half weeks now and its SLICK! More battery, smooth as hell no laggs. also, i rooted it and applied the memHACK to it, getting 127MB free space on the rom, with 40 APPS installed....its just incredible!

bluewonder

Reaction score
do i understand this right?
i should get the official 2.1 here in germany?
checked 1 second ago, nothing in sight for me.

bluewonder

Reaction score
yes. thnk you.

but i am relative new to my milestone and dont feel so good about hacking it...

i can awaite 2 weeks...

sarie

Reaction score
I upgraded mine to 2.1 last week some time Wednesday or Thursday maybe. I've been having an alarm clock issue also... Other than that, android.process or whatever it's called seems to force close occasionally, however I think that might be due to my Pure Calendar Grid widget. Other than that, no real issues. I can't say 2.1 seems any faster than 2.0.1. I haven't noticed any change in battery usage either. I will say that when I use live wall papers my Milestone seems to run at a hotter temperature.

Having 5 home screens is nice. :)

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
I got an unlocked Milestone (Droid) less than 2 weeks ago. I got an OTA update notification this past Friday. I'm in Canada, and I'm surprised that I haven't read/heard of anyone else getting the 2.1 update here.
I only have 5 screens and noticed that my alarm didn't go off this morning as scheduled :p

Are you unlocked and on a different carrier than telus? ..and what province? Don't know if that would make a difference but I haven't received the update either.