Upgrade Questions?

Beka27

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
I am pretty sure that best buy is doing pre orders. if not go through Verizon. the question is is when Verizon or any other store carry the phone. Verizon keeps pushing the date to ship the phone back a day and there will be alot of people mad if Verizon our other stores get the Phone to sell to people before people get their pre ordered phone. if I was you I would just order from Verizon or best buy and call it done

No doubt some people will be mad if they pre ordered and receive it after the release date. In my mind however, an S3 with unlimited data received on the 13th or 14th is worth more than a tiered or family share S3 purchased on launch day (the 12th?) I am not the most patient person in the world, but I can wait.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
No doubt some people will be mad if they pre ordered and receive it after the release date. In my mind however, an S3 with unlimited data received on the 13th or 14th is worth more than a tiered or family share S3 purchased on launch day (the 12th?) I am not the most patient person in the world, but I can wait.

I could not agree more. A SGS3 without unlimited is going to be a sad day for that customer. Just think your streaming and downloading and you look at your data, you have hit 1GB already.. OH CRUD! I have to wait 20 more days before I get another 1GB for $50.00 LOL...

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:
I could not agree more. A SGS3 without unlimited is going to be a sad day for that customer. Just think your streaming and downloading and you look at your data, you have hit 1GB already.. OH CRUD! I have to wait 20 more days before I get another 1GB for $50.00 LOL...

That's right, I barely use a gigabyte now but surely with the 4g and everything now becomes an open choice. Like right now with 3g I don't ever go on Pandora because of how slow 3g is around me. Also battery life, I only use my phone to browse or download apps outside of wifi If I'm extremely bored.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
That's right, I barely use a gigabyte now but surely with the 4g and everything now becomes an open choice. Like right now with 3g I don't ever go on Pandora because of how slow 3g is around me. Also battery life, I only use my phone to browse or download apps outside of wifi If I'm extremely bored.

Yup, same here, I can't stream Pandora real well or youtube.. netflix ect ect.. with the new SGS3 and 4G I'll be on Pandora WAY more and lunch at work streaming shows and what not, going to be eating up that unlimited data :)

kparks

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:

Before u reach u data cap u receive a notification and u can purchase another 1gb for ten bucks or u can just get the 20gb share plan that there not advertising I think they axed the 30gb

down1plus2

Reaction score
I just talked to a verizon rep and they said they can't bill pre-ordered phones to my account. Can anyone tell me if this is true. I really want this phone but I dont wanna pay the $199 up front.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
down1plus2 said:
I just talked to a verizon rep and they said they can't bill pre-ordered phones to my account. Can anyone tell me if this is true. I really want this phone but I dont wanna pay the $199 up front.

They do not take the money out of your account until it is shipped. Also they asked me if I wanted it billed to my account. If you have been late paying your bill or have had any of your lines disconnected then they will not let you charge anything to your account for 6 months. But if you use a credit card or debit card it will not be taken out of your account for another 2 Weeks

down1plus2

Reaction score
They do not take the money out of your account until it is shipped. Also they asked me if I wanted it billed to my account. If you have been late paying your bill or have had any of your lines disconnected then they will not let you charge anything to your account for 6 months. But if you use a credit card or debit card it will not be taken out of your account for another 2 Weeks

Yeah I haven't been late on any payments or had any disconnections. They said I have up to a $400 to bill to my account, but I can't bill a pre-order to it. I thought that was weird.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
down1plus2 said:
Yeah I haven't been late on any payments or had any disconnections. They said I have up to a $400 to bill to my account, but I can't bill a pre-order to it. I thought that was weird.

that's weird they asked me if I wanted to bill my account I told them no and o used my debit card. that was on the first day the pre orders went up. So maybe they did not know that they could not bill it to the account. I will say that I I got to play with the sprint version today and it is a great phone to me out is well worth fronting the money for. Another thing is do you have unlimited data? If you do then you only have until tomorrow to order the phone. If you wait until Thursday then you will lose your unlimited data

down1plus2

Reaction score
that's weird they asked me if I wanted to bill my account I told them no and o used my debit card. that was on the first day the pre orders went up. So maybe they did not know that they could not bill it to the account. I will say that I I got to play with the sprint version today and it is a great phone to me out is well worth fronting the money for. Another thing is do you have unlimited data? If you do then you only have until tomorrow to order the phone. If you wait until Thursday then you will lose your unlimited data

Yeah Im just going to call back and talk to another rep, My unlimited plan is the whole reason I was tryin to upgrade today.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
down1plus2 said:
Yeah Im just going to call back and talk to another rep, My unlimited plan is the whole reason I was tryin to upgrade today.

Good luck! I would hate to see you or anyone else lose their unlimited data

Lightnspirit

Reaction score

Yeah best bet is to just keep calling till someone helps you, I was told that I have a $700 phone spending limit (like i'd ever spend a dime over $200) but I could not pre order the phone and charge it to my account. The debit or credit card wont be charged till it ships, in my case that would be 7/10/12.

rjcapp

Reaction score
My upgrade is in November. I have tried twice now and I was unable to get an early upgrade to the sgs3..... Both reps went above and beyond. The second rep tried multiple departments with no luck. I heard the same reason both times which was "sorry but no upgrades on pre orders or no on iphones!!!! Short of speaking directly to a supervisor I am done begging. I want to keep my unlimited data so No more upgrades for me. It might be a blessing in disguise keeping me from locking into another 2 years.

Im totally happy with my rom'd Nexus. Ill wait till the dust clears and turn to the used market.

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
rjcapp said:
My upgrade is in November. I have tried twice now and I was unable to get an early upgrade to the sgs3..... Both reps went above and beyond. The second rep tried multiple departments with no luck. I heard the same reason both times which was "sorry but no upgrades on pre orders or no on iphones!!!! Short of speaking directly to a supervisor I am done begging. I want to keep my unlimited data so No more upgrades for me. It might be a blessing in disguise keeping me from locking into another 2 years.

U should try for the razr or razr maxx