Updating apps through the play store...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
When I was on Verizon I used to have the inconsistent text thing. On my Inc they said it was my phone. On my Rezound they said it was my phone. On my Note2 they said it was my phone. Going back to dumbphone days, they said it was my phone needing a *228. For that have you tried power the phone off, remove the SIM card, power it back on without the card and leave for a minute or 2, power off and put the card back then power on again? That fixed it each recurring time on my Rezound and Note2.
As far as app installing the only inconsistency is whether it's painfully slow or "crap! I've got better things to do and just put the phone away and at some point it finished while asleep" slow. On KK it was all over the place with install speeds.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Okay, day two after this fix. So far not one dropped call where I was averaging 2 or more a day. Did not drop a call in two areas that I have not been able to get signal since lollipop update. Accessing 4g more than I was and stronger 3g elsewhere. Definitely an improvement. Thanks @mountainbikermark!

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, day two after this fix. So far not one dropped call where I was averaging 2 or more a day. Did not drop a call in two areas that I have not been able to get signal since lollipop update. Accessing 4g more than I was and stronger 3g elsewhere. Definitely an improvement. Thanks @mountainbikermark!

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk
I don't remember the specifics of why the need to remove the card vs just a battery pull on 3G phones (not a 4G version of *228) but it's a remedy that started being used with the Thunderbolt. I was used to battery pulls and leave pulled for 2 minutes for over a decade with Verizon from 1x- 3G/mediaflo. I did it ~monthly with the Rezound and Note2 because of craptacular reception all over. It stopped calls from going straight to voicemail also.
Glad it worked.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dialing *228.. Oh the old days. Removing your sim card and reinstalling it is the same thing now..i t registers you with the towers..

Now that little piece of foil is going away..again..lol