Updates in marketplace appearing twice

Captain and 7

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a couple questions about my Droid X running on stock 2.3.3. First, I've had an ongoing problem for a few weeks where an update for an app appears in the marketplace. Typically I check for updates each morning and install all updates. Then I'll check again the next morning and notice nearly all the exact same updates are showing. When I check the update version, it's the same one from previously. It also no longer has the update automatically box checked and what is usually the update button is simply the open app button. I'll leave the apps alone and not update them because I'm not sure if it would over-write an update I've already installed, or simply install twice and take up more memory. However, when the app auto-updates at night, it will install those updates anyway.

Anyone have any clue why this is happening, and if so, how to stop it. I've read that they sometimes release small bux fixes and don't update the version number. But this is happening nearly everyday, so I doubt that's the issue. I, within the last month, started using the App2SD app, I'm not sure if that would have any affect.

My wife and I have also had the same problem when removing our phones in the morning form the multimedia dock, the background changes resolution and no longer takes up the whole screen. It leaves black bars across the top and bottom, which is present on all 7 screens. I have read before of similar problems, but never read of a solution. It doesn't always happen, but the majority of the time.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

leftspin

Reaction score
reboot into recovery and clear cache

also go to settings>applications>manage applications>market>clear data. you will have to log in to your account again next time you open the market but it fixed that issue when I had it

OP
C

Captain and 7

Reaction score
Followed those steps and not having any problems as of now. It will take a few days to confirm, but thanks a ton for the help. If I have anymore problems, I'll be back to ask, but for now I'll assume I'm back to normal.

Anyone have any idea about the background after removing from the multimedia dock?