Update All in Marketplace

tempo

Reaction score
Is there a way to "update all" when updates are pending in the Marketplace? I must be missing something obvious.

The process of updating an app requires 4 or 5 button presses, and my handset often reports >5 apps have pending updates. It's annoying to have to press 20-25 buttons.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a way to "update all" when updates are pending in the Marketplace? I must be missing something obvious.

The process of updating an app requires 4 or 5 button presses, and my handset often reports >5 apps have pending updates. It's annoying to have to press 20-25 buttons.

I believe this is an option in the new 2.2 when it comes out

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score

Currently, I don't think so. It is supposed to be a feature in Froyo (2.2).

Shelooga

Reaction score

not yet. but i think i read froyo may have that

hobby31

Reaction score
Not until 2.2 comes out. This has been a missing feature since android came out. 2.2 is supposed to have this feature in it.

Taegost

Reaction score
If you use AppBrain it'll let you know about all the updates and lets you install them in a batch... You still have to click twice per app, but it streamlines the process.
I've noticed it's kinda hit-or-miss, it doesn't show all the updates, but it will at least get the majority of them and leave only 1-3 for me to get from the regular Market app.
You can also set it to not update certain programs, like the version of Dolphin HD that lets you download Youtube videos :)

slinky

Reaction score
This is easily one of the worst aspects of Android. The amount of time wasted trying to update is mind boggling. I used my iPod the other day for testing our iPhone apps. Had 15 updates. Clicked once and was done. For Android it's new updates every other day, which is fine. But the time it takes to install 30 updates manually is so time consuming that I've stopped updating them completely with the exception of my 5 most important applications.