Updated to 2.0.1

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
Can I update to 2.0.1 using the file on alldroid.org and then go back to my official 2.0? How do I do that?

No way to go back to 2.0 that I've seen, but that would really just be a matter of someone posting YOUR 2.0 image to reflash with RSD List.

krumbs

Reaction score
What about the QWERTZ keyboard?

I just updated my US purchased milestone to 2.0.1 following the instructions on the linked alldroid post using RSD Lite. I also kept root on the device after flashing the 2.0.1 update and then yanking the battery and flashing the rooted update.zip file. I verified that I have root by running backup for root users and getting through the permission thing for root backups. My phone now says 2.0.1.

I bought the phone here in the US from amazon.

There were a few anxious moments trying to figure out how to add in the motodev flash drivers on win7 but got through that as well. Then the phone flashes using RSD Lite and its all easy after that.

All in all, a very exciting hour or so hunting down drivers, flashing the milestone, retaining root on it to 2.0.1.

I am all set to follow down a similar path. My Milestone was also bought off Amazon, but it is the German version with the Z and Y keys switched. What happens to this once you update to 2.0.1 using the alldroids file?
Secondly, does it mean that for future updates, the phone will connect to a different server than the German one (assuming the server path is hardcoded into the firmware)?
The German version does not have Voice search or Google Navigation. Would love to switch to a firmware which has these inbuilt (the UK version, perhaps?)

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
I just updated my US purchased milestone to 2.0.1 following the instructions on the linked alldroid post using RSD Lite. I also kept root on the device after flashing the 2.0.1 update and then yanking the battery and flashing the rooted update.zip file. I verified that I have root by running backup for root users and getting through the permission thing for root backups. My phone now says 2.0.1.

I bought the phone here in the US from amazon.

There were a few anxious moments trying to figure out how to add in the motodev flash drivers on win7 but got through that as well. Then the phone flashes using RSD Lite and its all easy after that.

All in all, a very exciting hour or so hunting down drivers, flashing the milestone, retaining root on it to 2.0.1.

I am all set to follow down a similar path. My Milestone was also bought off Amazon, but it is the German version with the Z and Y keys switched. What happens to this once you update to 2.0.1 using the alldroids file?
Secondly, does it mean that for future updates, the phone will connect to a different server than the German one (assuming the server path is hardcoded into the firmware)?
The German version does not have Voice search or Google Navigation. Would love to switch to a firmware which has these inbuilt (the UK version, perhaps?)

The Google Maps from the Droid works fine on 2.0 or 2.0.1. You can find it on these forums. The de-odex'ed VoiceSearch.apk from 2.0 UK or Droid (which DID work on 2.0) does not work with 2.0.1, however, because libvoice.so is a different version. The HK rom seems to support VoiceSearch natively, though, since it is an English language build. If you have a problem, I am currently searching for a de-odexed 2.0.1 voice search which I will post once I get it.

krumbs

Reaction score
The Google Maps from the Droid works fine on 2.0 or 2.0.1. You can find it on these forums. The de-odex'ed VoiceSearch.apk from 2.0 UK or Droid (which DID work on 2.0) does not work with 2.0.1, however, because libvoice.so is a different version. The HK rom seems to support VoiceSearch natively, though, since it is an English language build. If you have a problem, I am currently searching for a de-odexed 2.0.1 voice search which I will post once I get it.

I assume your phone is not the German version. Went though the alldroids thread, and it seems the French update cannot be installed on the German Milestone phones because of different kernels.

Looks like I will have to go with th HK firmware. Apparently, as per this post, that works fine on the German phones. And yes, I am hoping Google Translate gives me the right translation of these instructions!

Btw, maybe you could check this ROM for a working voicesearch.apk?

[TUT] Manuelles Update auf 2.0.1 mit Root und deutscher Tastatur - Android-Hilfe.de

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score

I assume your phone is not the German version. Went though the alldroids thread, and it seems the French update cannot be installed on the German Milestone phones because of different kernels.

Looks like I will have to go with th HK firmware. Apparently, as per this post, that works fine on the German phones. And yes, I am hoping Google Translate gives me the right translation of these instructions!

Btw, maybe you could check this ROM for a working voicesearch.apk?

[TUT] Manuelles Update auf 2.0.1 mit Root und deutscher Tastatur - Android-Hilfe.de

Unfortunately, those in the rom are odex'd. This means that you need root to install. That is why I asked for a de-odex'd version

Dricos

Reaction score
Hi,brader....
Help me plz, upload the SBF file that downloaded from badongo.com

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Hi everybody, if I root my milestone and install the french 2.0.1 will I have problems with carrier configurations? I mean, will my calls, 3G, mms and sms work just fine? (I live in brasil)

newb

Reaction score
Hi everybody, if I root my milestone and install the french 2.0.1 will I have problems with carrier configurations? I mean, will my calls, 3G, mms and sms work just fine? (I live in brasil)

never touch a running system ;)

But where's the fun on that!?

Installing the French 2.0.1 (provided it actually works) shouldn't cause any issue with your providers, and it should still work - a GSM phone is a GSM phone. However, it may be safer to wait until you receive the official OTA update, as this will definitely work.

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score

never touch a running system ;)

But where's the fun on that!?

Installing the French 2.0.1 (provided it actually works) shouldn't cause any issue with your providers, and it should still work - a GSM phone is a GSM phone. However, it may be safer to wait until you receive the official OTA update, as this will definitely work.

Wrong wrong wrong.

People, please search a little, me and a few other people have answered this exact question here and elsewhere. From the top, maestro:

1. You CANNOT install the French update (either OTA or via an "update.zip" file) onto a Brazilian Milestone. It is not possible. The stock update checks the OS that is running, and if it does not see the right one (SHOLS_U2_1.03.3.blahblahblah) it exits with an error.

2. You CAN install the 2.0 root update.zip. That doesn't check anything, and will give you a rooted 2.0 (NOT 2.0.1) phone.

3. You COULD install the rootable Hong Kong 1.03.14 ROM onto your phone with RSDLite, but you SHOULD NOT, specifically because it will BREAK 3G. End of story, this is confirmed - the image does not support UMTS on 850/1900, only on 900/2100.

So, you really only have three options - wait for your update (this is the smartest thing you can do), wait for your update while rooting your phone on 2.0 (OK, this is fine too, I guess, but I'm not sure people who don't bother / know how to search should be rooting anything), or install an unintended update that will BREAK 3G.

sadeghsep

Reaction score
hi
i found this french firmware

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

i don't know if it's a full flash or reflash or update or something and i also don't know if it's a unlocked firmware or not
but what i know is the android version of that firmware is 2.0.1

i want to flash this on my milestone and i want to know if i can or not

my milestone info is
Software Version: SHOLS_U2_01.03.13GSMEPU91A_U_91.08.0DP
Flex Version: UCASHLSEMEAB1B803F.0R
Bootloader Version: 9073
thanks

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
hi

i don't know if it's a full flash or reflash or update or something and i also don't know if it's a unlocked firmware or not

my milestone info is
thanks

If you have a french milestone, just apply the regular french update. If not, you might be able to flash it with rsd lite (if it is an sbf image), but it'll turn your hard keyboard into azerty AND it won't be root.

The Solutor

Reaction score
hi

my milestone info is
thanks

Better installing the HK sbf image. You will get 2.01 and the phone is still rootable.

The FR sbf image is a slighty newer build and is not rootable (yet), and has an AZERTY keboard layout (not editable becouse yuou miss root.)

pointdexler

Reaction score
Official HK Milestone update 2.0.1 released today.. updated and everything works fine..

sadeghsep

Reaction score
thanks I'm ready to download a HK version in sbf format so i have another question my milestone is A853 which is quad bound so is that HK version quad bound too?
the one I'm downloading is
SHOLS_U2_01.14.0_UCASHLSEMEAB1B803F.0R_USASHLS00RTHKSG_P007_A004_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf