[Updated] The LTE Galaxy Nexus for $199????

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok more drama to the saga. This flash ad leaked out that shows the Galaxy Nexus on VZW for $199 on contract. That is lower than first rumored and below what the other top LTE devices are going for. Still not concrete release date but the still inactive "Learn More" apparently shows a November 29th dateline. A $200 top tier LTE device??? Great news if this is all truth.

Update: According to multiple reports around the web, this promo picture is legitimate; however, from what has been pieced together, it also appears that this is an abandoned ad campaign from Verizon, and the actual date was indeed pushed to December 8th for some unknown reason. Speculation is that Samsung preferred a total North American launch of the device, and VZW worked with them to adjust for that. There has been no word on whether the pricing of this ad campaign will still be accurate at the time of launch, so perhaps we will get lucky and that part will stick.

verizon-nexus.jpg

Source: Android Police via Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Ok more drama to the saga. This flash ad leaked out that shows the Galaxy Nexus on VZW for $199 on contract. That is lower than first rumored and below what the other top LTE devices are going for. Still not concrete release date but the still inactive "Learn More" apparently shows a November 29th dateline. A $200 top tier LTE device??? Great news if this is all truth.

verizon-nexus.jpg

Source: Android Police via Engadget

Prolly 16gb

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Unfortunately this does me no good since it requires a new activation.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Coulda swore verizon was only getting the 32gig.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't a big deal for most but has anyone read about the camera sucking? I saw this read which overall rates this phone as best ever but down plays the camera. This is a deal breaker for me, I have 4 kids and lots of stuff to take pic's of. How does everyone else feel?

Please don't argue I really like this phones potential and am not try to start a war.

http://myplusonereview.com/article/samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget?article=samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget

A
lso Chip Weisensel on G+ feel free to add me!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I know this isn't a big deal for most but has anyone read about the camera sucking? I saw this read which overall rates this phone as best ever but down plays the camera. This is a deal breaker for me, I have 4 kids and lots of stuff to take pic's of. How does everyone else feel?

Please don't argue I really like this phones potential and am not try to start a war.

http://myplusonereview.com/article/samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget?article=samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget

A

I don't know about stills, but I saw some video purportedly taken with the Nexus, and it was superb.

goosedeath

Reaction score
It can't be worse than the stock D1 camera. I went to liquid a few hours ago, very nice and fast. Looks like a 4.0 port... camera rocks now! I might even be able to hold off on the nexus now...

jchammer123

Reaction score
It can't be worse than the stock D1 camera. I went to liquid a few hours ago, very nice and fast. Looks like a 4.0 port... camera rocks now! I might even be able to hold off on the nexus now...

+1 on Liquids camera, it has been rockin for me, no freezes at all.

When I saw this ad I got a little excited! I just hope its not fake. I'm not too worried about it being a 16 gig as long as I can delete some old stuff off when I need to!

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

A

the camera stills look pretty darn good to me bro...something tells me youll be just fine with this camera

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would jump on the 16GB if it was $4/599 - after using my upgrade on the Bionic (which I am still very happy about) buying the 32GB at full price isn't something I am looking forward to

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Nice find. Pretty sure I can live with 16gb if it is this cheap :smile-b:

sparty569

Reaction score
The camera stills look fine to me. 5MP is better than my old Digital Camera. If I have something that I really want a great photo of, I will pull out my wife's DSLR. I will also be carrying my Droid X as a media player and can use that camera in a pinch.