[Updated] The LTE Galaxy Nexus for $199????

acroanidd

Reaction score
Myriam of engadget said on the engadget mobile podcast with AC's Phil that the camera wasn't up to their hopes... but they never said that it was bad, it just wasn't as good as the galaxy s2 or the iphone 4s, the thing will still crush the images coming from my OG droid.

You have to realize their point of view, everything about the phone was setting bars up so high for every other devices coming out. Everywhere you read mentioned that it is the phone to have in 2012. I wouldn't get too caught up in the camera not being "the best"... odds are it is going to be better than most anything we have.

sb1831

Reaction score
Am I the only one that's just absolutely not seeing this phone dropping at $199 no matter what the rumors are?

pandabear

Reaction score
I Know many have been disappointed by false rumors and "delays", but can't we just be optimistic and hope that it the 32GB model will be coming out at this price with a decent camera? :)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately this does me no good since it requires a new activation.

I believe they're also referring to a new two year contract.

Am I the only one that's just absolutely not seeing this phone dropping at $199 no matter what the rumors are?

Why not? It'll be the fastest phone on the market, but when all is said and done, people are quite willing to throw their entire paycheck toward a phone.

otmlb1128

Reaction score
Right now I'm most worried about the lack of USB mass storage. I've heard that eventually it will get an update that will offer this, but I'm wondering how long that will take.

tc1

Reaction score
Right now I'm most worried about the lack of USB mass storage. I've heard that eventually it will get an update that will offer this, but I'm wondering how long that will take.

Can someone explain to me, why they did this?

How will file transfers take place?

Please tell me its not going to be an iTunes like program.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Yeah right , $199 :D . If anything , they would sell it for $349 rather than $199 . It's Verizon we're talking about , they would rather lose their first born child than reduce the price for no good reason .

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me, why they did this?

How will file transfers take place?

Please tell me its not going to be an iTunes like program.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

i signed on to ask this exact question...why is no USB mass storage a big deal? not being smart...im seriously wondering lol...if i can get files from my laptop to my phone, then im fine...right?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
The latest rumor is that the release was pushed back to early December because Samsung wants a US-wide release (no more Verizon exclusive). If that's the case, then Verizon would want to sell this for for $199 if it's going to be on other carriers at that price. They wouldn't want to be the only one selling it for $299. I hope this is true.

As for the lack of USB Mass Storage, it's getting blown out of proportion. If you're a Windows user, it will be the same; If you're a Mac user, you'll need to install an Android File utility, then it will function the same. You'll still be able to plug the phone into your computer and be able to drag and drop files back and forth. On this phone the apps and media share the same storage space; the apps aren't in a separate storage. If the phone had USB mass storage, then all of the apps and system files would show up on your computer and you could mess it up. No big deal for most people.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The latest rumor is that the release was pushed back to early December because Samsung wants a US-wide release (no more Verizon exclusive). If that's the case, then Verizon would want to sell this for for $199 if it's going to be on other carriers at that price. They wouldn't want to be the only one selling it for $299. I hope this is true.

You forgot about 4G LTE

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I know this isn't a big deal for most but has anyone read about the camera sucking? I saw this read which overall rates this phone as best ever but down plays the camera. This is a deal breaker for me, I have 4 kids and lots of stuff to take pic's of. How does everyone else feel?

Please don't argue I really like this phones potential and am not try to start a war.

http://myplusonereview.com/article/samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget?article=samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget

A
lso Chip Weisensel on G+ feel free to add me!

I've read a lot of reviews and all have said with adequate lighting it takes very good pictures, the low-light pictures could use some improvement. None though said the camera was bad, just not as great as the iPhone for instance. Also keep in mind an update could possibly improve quality.

HAKmaster

Reaction score
I know this isn't a big deal for most but has anyone read about the camera sucking? I saw this read which overall rates this phone as best ever but down plays the camera. This is a deal breaker for me, I have 4 kids and lots of stuff to take pic's of. How does everyone else feel?

Please don't argue I really like this phones potential and am not try to start a war.

http://myplusonereview.com/article/samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget?article=samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-engadget

A
lso Chip Weisensel on G+ feel free to add me!

They haven't said it sucks. They said it takes decent pictures, it's just not the best out there.

sb1831

Reaction score
Why not? It'll be the fastest phone on the market, but when all is said and done, people are quite willing to throw their entire paycheck toward a phone.

Why not? Because it will be one of the best phones on the market on arguably the best network available with the newest network technology. Seeing as all previous phones that were touted as previously mentioned were launched at $299 through VZW there is no reason to believe they would drop the price to $199 for this device especially given their return policy through the first of the year. Sell a bunch of RAZRs @ 299 and launch a very similarly spec'd phone at $199? It makes zero business sense.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Why not? Because it will be one of the best phones on the market on arguably the best network available with the newest network technology. Seeing as all previous phones that were touted as previously mentioned were launched at $299 through VZW there is no reason to believe they would drop the price to $199 for this device especially given their return policy through the first of the year. Sell a bunch of RAZRs @ 299 and launch a very similarly spec'd phone at $199? It makes zero business sense.

Agreed. Bionic, rzr, rezound all similiar specs... all 299 and nex gets sold at a hundred cheaper? Zero business sense is right. They would have millions of pissed off customers. Big red may be jerks... but theyre not the biggest and best cuz they make those type of moronic decisions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk