[Updated] SGS2 (Rumored) & BIONIC coming Sept. 8

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
darn, was hoping for an August release, oh well.

one more month and a new theme going on my Incredible, I can wait:)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Isnt it a little bit too soon for the revolution 2

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

D2 came out 8 months after the D1. Its never too early for a sequel ;)

end of line...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is exciting to me because my D1 is ready to be upgraded. I will miss it dearly and will probably cry, hold a small ceremony in honor of it's time being activated and serving me well. It taught me the ways of Android, turned me into a phone nerd and cooked me dinner once (don't ask). But I will probably wait till the first week of November to upgrade just to wait on the root status of each phone. The amount of bloatware on these phones now is just ridiculous so root to me is pretty important on that fact alone.

mach330

Reaction score
I agree that the bionic is getting less and less desirable. I'll have to wait for both that stratosphere if that is the gs2 and the vigor if they make it less chunky that tb.

Enter

Reaction score
This is exciting to me because my D1 is ready to be upgraded. I will miss it dearly and will probably cry, hold a small ceremony in honor of it's time being activated and serving me well. It taught me the ways of Android, turned me into a phone nerd and cooked me dinner once (don't ask). But I will probably wait till the first week of November to upgrade just to wait on the root status of each phone. The amount of bloatware on these phones now is just ridiculous so root to me is pretty important on that fact alone.
Same here. I bought my D1 because of this forum, never had a smartphone before and it was the greatest thing to me. Previous phone was the Krave ZN4, now I look back and laugh at it. Horrible phone. I have been waiting for this Bionic for months now, sadly my D1 has basically died in the last 4 months, every fix doesn't work, roms do nothing, I guess that is what happens when you use it heavily for sometimes 8 hours a day at 1.2 ghz. From the unboxing to flashing to showing everyone what "Droid does", this has been the best phone I ever had creating fond memories, this will never go into my garbage can.

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Samsung GSII (Stratosphere), now you've all got me second guessing myself. Should I wait an extra month for the Vigor? Aaaah! I don't know!

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've been waiting for the Samsung GSII (Stratosphere), now you've all got me second guessing myself. Should I wait an extra month for the Vigor? Aaaah! I don't know!

Well right now, we aren't really sure if such stratosphere is the gs2...but to me, it sounds like the vigor is top notch...however, I do like the form factor of the gs2 :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

bigdad63

Reaction score
Bring on the real superphones!!!!

Excuse me while I sit in the corner for the next 5 minutes and giggle uncontrollably while pointing at a picture of the bionic.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Excuse me while I sit in the corner for the next 5 minutes and giggle uncontrollably while pointing at a picture of the bionic.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Count me in :)...

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

QiG

Reaction score
This is great news considering I had been planning on having a new phone today or tomorrow based on all the rumors and I had just started pricing out the Charge at various outlets because I was sick of waiting. I don't care if I get a Bionic, a stratosphere or an enema as long as I can kiss the lost txt messages and battery pulls 4 times a day goodbye. :)

Vito.a

Reaction score
Thanks for the news.

What is the source for this leak and is it reliable?

The reason i ask is we have seen so many fake "leaks" in the past.

Nealius

Reaction score
just to make sure I got all this right.
the bionic and the gsII are releasing same day.
The vigor, which wasnt on my radar is a month later? and seems more badass

Yea Im just gonna wait it out for a bit.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here. I bought my D1 because of this forum, never had a smartphone before and it was the greatest thing to me. Previous phone was the Krave ZN4, now I look back and laugh at it. Horrible phone. I have been waiting for this Bionic for months now, sadly my D1 has basically died in the last 4 months, every fix doesn't work, roms do nothing, I guess that is what happens when you use it heavily for sometimes 8 hours a day at 1.2 ghz. From the unboxing to flashing to showing everyone what "Droid does", this has been the best phone I ever had creating fond memories, this will never go into my garbage can.

mine is done as well.... another one month wait with a phone I can barely use.... idk its a long time for a daily user... my screen is mangled and I have to do basically everything from the D-pad

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk