***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

monolithic

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a mirror for the Thunderbolt Sync files? Trying to download it from the HTC website is painfully slow. 50kb/s slow lol

Edit: @Monolithic, the hell kind of service is your university providing its students? lol

Ha ha! I do a lot of technology assessment here, so I get to play with the goodies from time to time. :)

M.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Bah if only VPN's allowed one to boost their bandwidth to the server's speed....If so you would have an unauthorized client on your network.......:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Can anybody link me to the download for the newest build of the root and all required materiel therein? I'm scared to screw with ADB.

Jerzystransfer

Reaction score
Great job on the rooting process and instructions.. pretty spot on. The first time doing a new one is kinda hectic becuase you don't quite know what to expect and how much of a time delay things should be taking. If I do one for a co-worker I won't be quite so worried.. you guys are the best..

tu3218

Reaction score
Great job on the rooting process and instructions.. pretty spot on. The first time doing a new one is kinda hectic becuase you don't quite know what to expect and how much of a time delay things should be taking. If I do one for a co-worker I won't be quite so worried.. you guys are the best..

Yeah I agree with the whole not actually knowing how long things should take. That's usually what throws me off. Patience is crucial lol

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Hokay, I managed to root, but ROM Manager isn't letting me boot in to the recovery :( Is there any way to manually do so? I distinctly remember a button combo on the D1 and 2.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hokay, I managed to root, but ROM Manager isn't letting me boot in to the recovery :( Is there any way to manually do so? I distinctly remember a button combo on the D1 and 2.

What is ROM Manager saying/doing when you try?
Manual method is power + vol down. Go ahead and move the PG05IMG file to a folder so HBOOT won't see it. Then press the power button on Recovery. If Clockwork is flashed, it will boot you into it.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

soulripp

Reaction score
How long does it take to finish 1st step?

sent from my HTC thunderbolt

Arachnidus

Reaction score

Manual method is power + vol down. Go ahead and move the PG05IMG file to a folder so HBOOT won't see it. Then press the power button on Recovery. If Clockwork is flashed, it will boot you into it.

Alright, gonna try that. Slight problem in that Rom Manager doesn't seem to be allowed root access(I get an error saying "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands").

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Alright, gonna try that. Slight problem in that Rom Manager doesn't seem to be allowed root access(I get an error saying "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands").

Go grab the SuperUser from the market. There's a patch for to work on the TB over at xda. Clockworkmod isn't flashed at this point.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Here is the n00b question of all. If you root, take the bloatware off, then unroot, does all the bloatware come back?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is the n00b question of all. If you root, take the bloatware off, then unroot, does all the bloatware come back?

Not unless you restore a backup with all the bloat first.

Arachnidus

Reaction score

Go grab the SuperUser from the market. There's a patch for to work on the TB over at xda. Clockworkmod isn't flashed at this point.

All fixed up, got a ROM up and running (Tesla Coil), the newest available build of CW and an adrynalyne kernel.

I'm satisfied.

Suuperflie

Reaction score

Not unless you restore a backup with all the bloat first.

So if I did that Verizon wouldn't be able to tell when the updates come out, right? If it's unrooted then it would just show up as normal? I don't really care about my phone being "freed" or rooted, I just want all the crap off that I don't need so the phone runs more smoothly. If that's all I want, is it even worth it to do it, or should I just leave it stock? Keep in mind, I just learned about rooting a couple weeks ago and really have no clue how to do it, except what I've read in this thread. So tell me, how much of a difference would I notice if all the crap was removed?

dark juggalo

Reaction score
is there any other way to get the file?..when i try to down load it shows a time of @ least 1 1/2 hrs then halfway trough it times out..ive seen it on other sites but a bit leary of using one thats not verified current