Updated DroidX

tracylfarr

Reaction score
Help! I updated my Driodx, I went from version 2. something to the 4. something and now when I try to use my phone it gives me the error: Activity LauncherPro (in application LauncherPro) is not responding. I can't click on menues or apps or anything. It just ask me to Force Close, Wait or Report and even when I click on them they do nothing.....what can I do????

Zog

Reaction score
Mmk. Sounds like u took the OTA from froyo (2.2) to gingerbread (2.3). The only way I know how to fix this is by holding the search button, and using voice search to get into settings/manage apps and clear the cache for launcher pro. If that doesn't fix it try uninstalling lp from there.

If you cant access the voice search function, and/or none of that works, get into stock recovery and whipe cache (not data).. if that doesn't work get back in there and do a factory reset/whipe data (you will lose installed apps, their settings, and ur screen layout)

To get into recovery:
power off your phone.. then push home plus power, when u see the android hit both volume keys.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v8

Last edited:

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
uninstall launcher pro and reinstall it again or try rebooting your phone, that sounds like an app issue

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ttw06

Reaction score
wow same thing is happeneing to me, i can't even access my uninstaller app, did you figure it out?

captain howdy

Reaction score
A friend of mine also has a problem, she updated her phone and it stuck on a app, it gives the option force close wait etc, but the screen is not reacting also none of the buttons work except the power button. We have tried turning the phone off and restarting it, even pulled the bath. When it turns on you have the slider to unlock it and that works. But when it opens we see the force close option instantly and the screen is still not responding, yes its a droid X.. thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums