Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
could be. They are supposedly releasing it there first.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fluidj

Reaction score
@justintime: you actually CAN make Goole the default search on the fascinate! It's very easy and takes less than 5 minutes. I haven't used Bing since the first day I got my Fascinate.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
For voice search. I know you can set as your home page on the Internet but how do you switch voice search.

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Well I was at a verizon store and asked if the update was going to be this month and they said it will be next because of the droid x is going now.

Lostcase

Reaction score
going now? I don't know what that means, but a buddy's Droid X was updated to 2.3 this week. He was pissed because it was rooted before. No biggie do, rerooted in no time. If the Fascinate isn't updated by end of next week, i'm going to have to root mine.

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Yea he said that it would not be done tell the end of this month on all of the dx so they won't start sending out the update for the galaxy s tell dec. But again that was just a guy at a small store in southwest Va.

shdowman

Reaction score
I can't imagine that is the case....that they are waiting to do fascinate because of the X. That logic fails due to the fact they are rolling out DInc updates as well. It'll get here when it gets here. :)

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
I know that's what I was thinking but this guy was acting like he knew everything. I just wanted to pass on what I heard. I so hope that the update comes soon.

Hindustani8

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this as well. I want to use a custom Tom but not before we get 2.2. Vzw really needs to start rolling out 2.2 if they want to keep control of the updates.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
Why do people root their phones? What advantages do you receive from doing it?

avoltech

Reaction score

I have wondered the same too.

Hey how that work out do you now have google
as default?

destrukt

Reaction score
I just bought this phone for my wife (fascinate). I cannot believe that it is still running 2.1. It has alot of connectivity issues. I hope this issue is resolved with 2.2

shdowman

Reaction score

I would recommend doing some reading in regards to rooting. It basically allows you the freedom to almost whatever you want with your phone. Customize the entire theme, overclock processor, remove vzw bloatware, fix any lag. Its the reason there is such a massive community dedicated to improving what Google has given us. Hence the concept of open source code.

One would almost argue that Google encourages it. The manufacturers, well, that's another story completely as they have been moving to try and "lock down" the open source and lock you in to the software they want you to use, hence defeating the purpose of what Google is trying to do. Its an interesting dichotomy, but I digress...

If you are thinking of rooting, personally I would wait until 2.2 is out. :)