Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Do you need to be unrooted???
I did it with Z4 and only changed the status bar to black with BlackMod.
My update keeps failing rooted and unrooted. Can't seem get rid of the black status bar.

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Do you need to be unrooted???
I did it with Z4 and only changed the status bar to black with BlackMod.
My update keeps failing rooted and unrooted. Can't seem get rid of the black status bar.

You might want to try a factory reset first and then apply DL09. You might get away with a battery pull. I unrooted my phone before manually applying the update. After I updated I couldn't get z4root to work so I used "1-Click" and that worked fine.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Marc2470

Reaction score
Just got the update here in Idaho. Holy sh$$!! They fixed not only the GPS issue but also the soft key lights! They stay on for as long as the display does. WooHoo!!

Cloud3

Reaction score
Just got the update here in Idaho. Holy sh$$!! They fixed not only the GPS issue but also the soft key lights! They stay on for as long as the display does. WooHoo!!

I prefer soft keys as they were before update

-Cloud

Jamis0n

Reaction score

I prefer soft keys as they were before update

-Cloud

I know what you mean. I liked seeing just the screen at times.

8pened!

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Im telling you guys, this phone is doomed to 2.1 there will be no major updates to the android software running on this device. They are way too focused on their other devices now. So am going to be selling my Fascinate and getting the Thunderbolt. HTC is the best at support for their devices and Sense is the best UI...

AllForNaught

Reaction score
There should be an option for the softkey lights. Bogus to have them on in lit conditions, and there's enough sucking on the battery as it is.

Marc2470

Reaction score
Drove me nuts trying to fumble around in a dimly lit area to find the right buttons... wouldnt be needed as badly if this phone had hard buttons. Glad they made the fix myself. Hasn't seemed to drained the battery more so far

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Drove me nuts trying to fumble around in a dimly lit area to find the right buttons... wouldnt be needed as badly if this phone had hard buttons. Glad they made the fix myself. Hasn't seemed to drained the battery more so far

So... You're opposed to there being an option for it? Fact: more led lights on = more battery drain, minimal or otherwise.

mikeso3691

Reaction score
I' m just angry that verizon told me that the fascinate would get 2.2 when I bought the phone 6 months ago. He said within a month or so. I love my phone but it would be nice to be part of the cool grp. Lmbo.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Droi told it dForums App

Marc2470

Reaction score
definitely not opposed to an option to turn lights off/on. That would be the best of both worlds.

mikeso3691

Reaction score
My gps isn't close enough to find my body if I was killed and left somewhere. It would take