Update server not available

Reaction score
I checked right now for a ICS update on my Maxx and it told me that checking for updates was not available at this time. Anyone else having this problem?

GSdub510

Reaction score
For me it says your device is up to date. Make sure you're checking over 4G, not Wi-Fi l.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Mines working over wifi

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
chrisyouwanttknow
Reaction score
Checked this morning and its working again. No update available. Dammit. Lol. But i do know that I was connected to wifi when it gave me that error. But it should not matter if you're on wifi or cellular. I know i had a connection because I could do everything thing else on my phone including streaming music and you tube. It was weird. I never saw that before. I thought for sure it was a sign of ICS. oh well. Guess were gonna have to wait some more.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I love that it yells at you: "Your device is up to date!" And then it tries to tell you you don't need the update..

OP
chrisyouwanttknow
Reaction score
Yeah, the only articles that you know are telling the truth about ICS are the ones that inform us that the update didn't happen as rumored. Lol! Everything else is just hear say or straight lies for website hits. I do think that if ICS doesn't come out by the 30th, then we have to find who at motorola is in charge of the forum and stone them with our phones. LOL!

jeff70

Reaction score
Yeah, the only articles that you know are telling the truth about ICS are the ones that inform us that the update didn't happen as rumored. Lol! Everything else is just hear say or straight lies for website hits. I do think that if ICS doesn't come out by the 30th, then we have to find who at motorola is in charge of the forum and stone them with our phones. LOL!

the only official word of when we will get the update is here Motorola Android Software Upgrade News

the good news is that page had not been updated since last month around 5/13/2012 and I was starting to get the feeling that maybe some delays or problems had happened and the ICS OTA would be pushed back from the Q2 2012 time frame but I just noticed that the date had been updated to 6/13/2012 so it looks like the ICS OTA is still on schedule to be released by the end of this month (June)

I would ignore any more of the "I heard it from a reliable Verizon Source articles" because every one of those articles has been wrong

when you see people saying that they are getting invites to the ICS soak test then we will know that the ICS OTA is close

OP
chrisyouwanttknow
Reaction score
Just got a text from Verizon saying my phone will be updated to ICS soon and the Verizon IM app will be removed because its not compatible with ICS. Hopefully this is happens soon! :)

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Just got a text from Verizon saying my phone will be updated to ICS soon and the Verizon IM app will be removed because its not compatible with ICS. Hopefully this is happens soon! :)
Where did you receive this text? Was it with your other texts or do you see it as you login to your account? I haven't received this message, yet, or I just don't know where to look.

Oh, and what does "soon" mean? It's hard to say anymore. As far as I'm concerned, at this rate, they have until June 30. I guess anywhere from 0-15 days from today is considered "soon". But, yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

GSdub510

Reaction score
JOSHSKORN said:
Where did you receive this text? Was it with your other texts or do you see it as you login to your account? I haven't received this message, yet, or I just don't know where to look.

Oh, and what does "soon" mean? It's hard to say anymore. As far as I'm concerned, at this rate, they have until June 30. I guess anywhere from 0-15 days from today is considered "soon". But, yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

I haven't gotten a text either because VZW doesn't care enough to enlighten everyone. And "soon" to Verizon emplies we'll get ICS in 9-12 months ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a text either because VZW doesn't care enough to enlighten everyone. And "soon" to Verizon emplies we'll get ICS in 9-12 months ;)
According to this page (last updated June 13), ICS for the MAXX is still in DEVELOPMENT but rollout is still suppose to be in Q2. Like I said, they have up to 15 days. I'll stop tearing my hair out or holding my breath until I see it. It's pissing me off because I uninstalled the GO Launcher because I was prepping for ICS. I wonder what happens (if anything) if the ICS update comes and you have the GO Launcher installed...if it'll break the phone or not, thus end up having to reset it back to factory defaults. Anyone know?

GSdub510

Reaction score
You have to update manually by going to the settings. When ICS is ready you can choose yes or no to update. So I won't uninstall Go until ICS is out, then I'll update. It won't update automatically for ya

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

wxman2003

Reaction score

I got that message this morning too.