Update causing pixelation and stars

maxdy

Reaction score
anyone of u guys found a solution for this problem???

i'm facing this problem now as well.
Had this problem before. I went into recovery mode>clear cache> then rebooted>pulled battery battery>rebooted again. Haven't had the problem since.
I'll definitely give that a try. Just FMI, will clearing the cache also reset any user-selected configurations? I have so many settings ...

Let me know the result. I'm interested to know if it really works.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
anyone of u guys found a solution for this problem???

i'm facing this problem now as well.
Had this problem before. I went into recovery mode>clear cache> then rebooted>pulled battery battery>rebooted again. Haven't had the problem since.
I'll definitely give that a try. Just FMI, will clearing the cache also reset any user-selected configurations? I have so many settings ...
No, it won't change/delete any configuration of data on the phone or on the SD card.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Nothing helped mine. Exchanged the phone under warranty.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

maxdy

Reaction score
Nothing helped mine. Exchanged the phone under warranty.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

hmmmm. i sent mine back to US to my cousin to get verizon to check it out. but they tell me that my phone is not tied to any verizon account so they can't exchange it even though it is under warranty.

by the way, i'm in singapore.

jacksonjack

Reaction score
i cleared every bit of cache in every app that would let me. i even did as much of that in safe mode as possible to ensure i was getting everything. after cycling and pulling the battery, etc., it took longer for the pixelation to start up again -- but it did.

sigh. groan.

maxdy

Reaction score
i cleared every bit of cache in every app that would let me. i even did as much of that in safe mode as possible to ensure i was getting everything. after cycling and pulling the battery, etc., it took longer for the pixelation to start up again -- but it did.

sigh. groan.

i tested it before while in safe mode. it happens in safe mode, therefore i doubt it is a software problem. it should be more of a hardware problem after the software was updated.

mich2000

Reaction score
Possible fix

I think the problem has something to do with interference and a buffer getting corrupted, It happens to me when I'm using the internet or bluetooth. I turned off animations and it seems to have fixed the problem.

maxdy

Reaction score
hmmmm. mine happens without me doing anything. i just leave the screen on for like probably 5mins or so and it appears.

maxdy

Reaction score
nope. phone is in the US now. waiting for it to come back. will try out and let you know.

maxdy

Reaction score
ok. phone is back and tested everything suggested so far.
removing the cache only delays the problem from appearing slower but it still appears in the end.

i think i'm going to go down to Motorola's service centre in Singapore and see what Motorola can help me out with since Verizon is not willing to do anything.

DroidBoyJesse

Reaction score
Replacement Fail

Hey All,

Just noticed this thread so I thought I'd ask if anyone found a good solution? I recently replaced my Droid Pro which had these issues and once I opened the new phone, it happened again. It's really frustrating! Has anyone asked Verizon about it?

woitesco

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my original phone as well was brand new out of the box now have cert like new phone and many more problems with this one getting to the point where I want a different phone

maxdy

Reaction score
i already gave up my droid pro. can't stand the pixel problem. seems like a very bad and common problem for all droid pros.
and the fact that verizon wireless told me that they can't repair or replace the unit just because my unit isn't tied to any verizon wireless account makes me more pissed that it is branded as a Verizon phone and yet they can't do anything about it.

i going to change to a samsung galaxy S II which is way more reliable than a droid.