Update causing pixelation and stars

tennvol

Reaction score
As the topic says right after I applied the update I get stars appearing over black areas when switching screens and watching movies or streaming. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rocket_girl

Reaction score
As the topic says right after I applied the update I get stars appearing over black areas when switching screens and watching movies or streaming. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Just received a 'certified refurb' that has this pixel problem out of the box. After setup, they had me do (another) SBF - still, the pixels flash like static -worse at some times than others... Did you ever solve your problem w/ this? Was it hardware? Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

rocket_girl

Reaction score
When I called for replacement, they said they had never heard of this before (pretty sure that is why the last person sent *theirs* back before it came to me). Maybe I got yours :-D

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
A battery pull fixed my issue. It happens every so often and I just do a hard reset and all is well.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I'm seeing this too, but pulling the battery doesn't fix it.

Battery pull is useless for me, too. Arrived today as refurb...going back tomorrow. Refurb was not even SBF on arrival. Had to do that myself before they would send a replacement for the replacement (roll eyes)...

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I'm seeing this too, but pulling the battery doesn't fix it.

Battery pull is useless for me, too. Arrived today as refurb...going back tomorrow. Refurb was not even SBF on arrival. Had to do that myself before they would send a replacement for the replacement (roll eyes)...

As seems to be the party line according to other posters w/ other problems, VZW said they had 'never heard' of any pixelation problems with the Pro before. Send your phones back if they do this... we all have warranty thru at least December!

agmark

Reaction score
I'm really kind of pissed about this dancing pixels problem. I had hoped to find a solution by now, but I guess I'm left with very few choices. I may be heading to a Verizon store soon to check out my options. What a bummer to have an OTA update obviously screw up the phone.

maxdy

Reaction score
anyone of u guys found a solution for this problem???

i'm facing this problem now as well.

Astaroth

Reaction score
Happens to me about once every couple of weeks. Just locking and unlocking the phone gets rid of the artifacts. I think it happens when the phone overheats, usually while playing a game.

maxdy

Reaction score
i'm wondering about that as well. maybe cos the phone overheats due to leaving the screen on for too long.

but since it's that case, i think we can ask for a replacement unit is it?

jacksonjack

Reaction score
i've been having this problem pretty much since day one. pulling the battery helps sometimes, but i'm getting pretty tired of it.

maxdy

Reaction score
i've been having this problem pretty much since day one. pulling the battery helps sometimes, but i'm getting pretty tired of it.

i already sent my phone back to US to Verizon to get it checked out.

I'm based in Singapore by the way. So had to ship it back to US to my cousin there to help me out. Will see the outcome of what Verizon has to say.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Had this problem before. I went into recovery mode>clear cache> then rebooted>pulled battery battery>rebooted again. Haven't had the problem since.

jacksonjack

Reaction score

Had this problem before. I went into recovery mode>clear cache> then rebooted>pulled battery battery>rebooted again. Haven't had the problem since.
I'll definitely give that a try. Just FMI, will clearing the cache also reset any user-selected configurations? I have so many settings ...