Upcoming MOTOROLA Devices Leaked

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to the tiered data plans.

Yeah, there's been lots of complaining about VZW on this board, but from my perspective most of what they've done has either affected a small % of users or has benefited the majority. You don't achieve the lowest turn in the industry by a wide margin by repeatedly shafting your customers.

I expect VZW to continue to create value for me, and that doesn't preclude higher prices when they add new and expanded services.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to the tiered data plans.

Yeah, there's been lots of complaining about VZW on this board, but from my perspective most of what they've done has either affected a small % of users or has benefited the majority. You don't achieve the lowest turn in the industry by a wide margin by repeatedly shafting your customers.

I expect VZW to continue to create value for me, and that doesn't preclude higher prices when they add new and expanded services.

I've never been against tiered data plans, seeing as more most users it will allow them to save a few bucks, but i would still like it if they offered an unlimited plan. If that plan went up 5 or 10 to incorporate 4g, that's ok with me. But there are, and will be people soon that will go over their prescribed minute plan. why? because as i've stated many times with the incorporation of many new ideas and products, people will use their phone for many other things. Thus making their average usage go way up. You might argue that they could just use their computer for those things, then why offer the products at all? Don't offer products unless you have the network to back it up, in this case it's clear that verizon and every other network doesn't and they don't want to spend the money on upgrading it to do so. Yes i do now it's all about money, which is why they are going to change to tiered data, a company doesn't move one direction to save it's customers money, it knows that in time it's policies will in fact make them more money. You don't go into business to loose money, and this policy change will not make their profits go down, they are almost certain it will make it rise, or else they wouldn't be doing it. You don't see a 5-year outlook that makes a company loose 100 million dollars from where it's at now. You can argue till your blue in the face, but this policy will only make them money. And yes i understand that the company is allowed to make whatever choices it wants, and if we choose to follow them, that is our own problem. So while it may save some a few bucks now, it will come back in another form, one way or another.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You might argue that they could just use their computer for those things, then why offer the products at all? Don't offer products unless you have the network to back it up, in this case it's clear that verizon and every other network doesn't and they don't want to spend the money on upgrading it to do so.

Again, it's MOBILE data, and they certainly have the networks to back that up. It's offered as a convenience, not an alternative to an ISP. Just a few years ago people were getting along just dandy without mobile data and now suddenly the ability to consume gigabytes of data while walking down the street is somehow a reasonable expectation of carriers.

And the carriers have spent BILLIONS upgrading their networks, but even then there are only so many rights that can be secured for towers so there are very real constraints on capacity independent of cost.

Trenton

Reaction score
just hurry up and release the damn phones, and they better not be locked!

I'm pretty excited for these though, that Zaha (the one with the purple smoke on the screen) looks freakin awesome....idk where they see the targa in there though?.... cant wait for some specs..hail moto!

fishstick600

Reaction score
got it installed on my driod X using the xda link.. running darkslide 4.2 awesome picture and streaming on 3g

Reaction score

I'm pretty excited for these though, that Zaha (the one with the purple smoke on the screen) looks freakin awesome....idk where they see the targa in there though?.... cant wait for some specs..hail moto!

This is the full size image that hasnt been circulating as much.. the silverish gray handset is the one in speculation to possibly be the targa.

Trenton

Reaction score

This is the full size image that hasnt been circulating as much.. the silverish gray handset is the one in speculation to possibly be the targa.

Awesome, I couldn't find a larger image anywheres. Thanks.

Im loving that zaha or whatever its called... hope Verizon gets it. The targa looks kind of bland.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

actually the silver device is the SLIMLINE and the targa is the black on on the botoom corner

Trenton

Reaction score

actually the silver device is the SLIMLINE and the targa is the black on on the botoom corner

I think he's talking about the bottom silver one.. the black phone on thr bottom corner is the pearl I think... that's if any of this is even real

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

I think he's talking about the bottom silver one.. the black phone on thr bottom corner is the pearl I think... that's if any of this is even real

hmm well all we can truly do right now is speculate lol