Upcoming MOTOROLA Devices Leaked

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
motorola-zaha.jpg

It’s not often we get too excited about site redesigns, but when they possibly reveal new devices we get a little giddy. PocketNow has received evidence of an imminent redesign of Motorola Mobility’s site, via a leak. Said redesign looks to be launching alongside a few new devices that we haven’t heard of before.

From the image above, we can see that there is a Motorola XOOM 2 on the way. We can also see the Targa, along with the Slimline and the Zaha.

Note* The image above was apparently removed by Motorola as soon as they realized it was leaked.

SOURCE:Motorola Site Redesign Tips Xoom 2, Watchphone, More? (Images)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I know they shouldnt release it until its ready, but at least to give the people something to make them wait to purchase something else would be great. Everyone is so freaked about losing 4g over this device arent going to hang around forever... Moto's slitting their own wrists by saying nothing.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I know they shouldnt release it until its ready, but at least to give the people something to make them wait to purchase something else would be great. Everyone is so freaked about losing 4g over this device arent going to hang around forever... Moto's slitting their own wrists by saying nothing.

Well they wouldn't want ppl waiting for a certain device...that would ruin their marketing plan....they want u to buy what out right ow so later they can be like "oh were making a sequel to that device in 6 months" so that way they can get u to buy that device also

Sent from my DROID2

Reaction score

Well they wouldn't want ppl waiting for a certain device...that would ruin their marketing plan....they want u to buy what out right ow so later they can be like "oh were making a sequel to that device in 6 months" so that way they can get u to buy that device also

Sent from my DROID2

There are the people that only know about a device once it hits stores, then there are the folks here that try to grasp at the insider info. We know the device is coming, we know the specs will be superior to moto's predecessors. The problem is that since there is no ETA for release, and absolutely no word on specs, how could they not be losing customers to htc and samsung locking into 2 yr agreements vs battling the unknown. I would like the cutting edge hardware, but not in trade for losing the unlim LTE for two years. Im sure there are many that feel the same way.

We're a niche part of the market, but as of recent, a number of friends and family have come to me for advice on buying now or waiting. So in a sense we do have somewhat of an influence outside of our electronic realm. When I say give people something... Id be content with some pic leaks or some spec confirmations. They can do that without shifting the balance of their super duper marketing campaign to the masses. ehhh..wishing that there were no tipsters or insiders leaking info so we'd have to just deal with products in front of you instead of playing the waiting game.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical about what, exactly, people will be locking in with "unlimited" data. My suspicion is unlimited LTE - meaning LTE speeds - is a pipe dream.

It also occurs to me, since VZW has said they wouldn't go to tiers until as late as Q4, that there could be a promise to Moto that they won't make the switch until after launch of the Bionic. Remember, this phone was supposed to be out in late Q2 and to the extent problems are LTE related (which they probably are, at least indirectly, with the processor and we've seen the issues with the TBolt) I don't think VZW can cause Moto to lose sales by pushing a bunch of people to a different phone to lock-in unlimited. And let's not forget the Atrix - did AT&T throw a boatload of money at Moto or did VZW really want LTE, because all else equal you better believe Moto wanted that phone on VZW.

There's also the Xoom - was that rushed because of Moto (seems likely) or VZW as there is still no LTE with it?

I can think of other reasons, as well, but I'm willing to bet unlimited LTE is going nowhere until after launch of the Bionic. Don't forget, in many respects Moto is also a partner, and the bottom line is a dual-core LTE phone is going to be the VZW flagship and is going to really put LTE on the map.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical about what, exactly, people will be locking in with "unlimited" data. My suspicion is unlimited LTE - meaning LTE speeds - is a pipe dream.

It also occurs to me, since VZW has said they wouldn't go to tiers until as late as Q4, that there could be a promise to Moto that they won't make the switch until after launch of the Bionic. Remember, this phone was supposed to be out in late Q2 and to the extent problems are LTE related (which they probably are, at least indirectly, with the processor and we've seen the issues with the TBolt) I don't think VZW can cause Moto to lose sales by pushing a bunch of people to a different phone to lock-in unlimited. And let's not forget the Atrix - did AT&T throw a boatload of money at Moto or did VZW really want LTE, because all else equal you better believe Moto wanted that phone on VZW.

There's also the Xoom - was that rushed because of Moto (seems likely) or VZW as there is still no LTE with it?

I can think of other reasons, as well, but I'm willing to bet unlimited LTE is going nowhere until after launch of the Bionic. Don't forget, in many respects Moto is also a partner, and the bottom line is a dual-core LTE phone is going to be the VZW flagship and is going to really put LTE on the map.

I'm n total agreement with u on the unlimited data.I some what said the same thing n an earlier post that unlimited data would b offered 2 the bionic also-i mean this is the phone we've all been waitin on and 2 release it on tier would not b a wish decision like u said THIS will b the flagship or the mothership of phones on VZW-Great post Kodiak799

Beardface

Reaction score

Don't be...

People are locking into 3G & 4G unlimited data plans. Verizon does not have the legal right to change that when they go to tiered plans unless they get the consent of the consumer. Everyone who has an unlimited plan will continue to have an unlimited plan until they re-up when they are due.

Reaction score
DROID UNLIMITED DATA TETHERING verses WIFI HOTSPOT OPTIONS

Interesting,

Given my Droid is now possessed, and I was trying to decide which option to take, fix phone, or take an early update for $100. after rebate, but I don't want to jump the gun if a better phone is in the wings. Also, when I read that unlimited date option may disappear, this would nix any new contract for me as I have been tethering to computer for over a year and was main reason for even getting the Droid. Speaking of which, anyone use the WiFi hot spot on Droid 2 which I think was when it was first offered.

Thanks,

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Are there any smaller pictures? Those are far to easy to see!

Sarcasm?...sorry if they're small, I posted this from my phone so I couldn't see if they were a viewable size.

Sent from my DROID2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
People are locking into 3G & 4G unlimited data plans. Verizon does not have the legal right to change that when they go to tiered plans unless they get the consent of the consumer. Everyone who has an unlimited plan will continue to have an unlimited plan until they re-up when they are due.

I think that is very much up for debate. 100% correct while you are under contract, but all bets are off when that contract is up.

And you're missing the other point that was made. VZW makes no guarantees regarding speed. At least once they have mentioned speed tiers (they've also talked about throttling heavy users). People on grandfathered unlimited plans could very easily be throttled to 3G speeds after 2gigs or whatever and VZW wouldn't be violating any contractual agreement. And that's why I think "locking=in" unlimited data is grossly overrated.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Sarcasm?...sorry if they're small, I posted this from my phone so I couldn't see if they were a viewable size.

Sent from my DROID2

Yea, just give'n ya a hard time! :icon_wink: I looked around a bit and I dont see anything larger anywhere. Oh well, soon I'm sure!

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Sent from my DROID2

Yea, just give'n ya a hard time! :icon_wink: I looked around a bit and I dont see anything larger anywhere. Oh well, soon I'm sure!

Well it might be harder to find these images since MOTOROLA has been going around asking sites to take them down

Sent from my DROID2

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to the tiered data plans.

Why?

Because Verizon was quoted as stating that the data plans may be moving to a "pooled" system, like family minutes. I have two smartphones on our family plan and we pay $60. My wife and I both use our phones for websurfing and exchange email and we rarely go above 2 gigs combined. A tiered plan may save us money.

Even with a 4g phone, I don't expect my usage patterns to increase that much.... maybe the occassional netflix movie during long car trips or flights. But with the way they are talking about structuring it, if you go over your tier allotment, you just pay an extra $10 for another gig of data. I'm sure they will also implement usage controls like they have with minutes.

I may even be able to afford to get my teenage kids on shared data, too (although they will definitely need to have usage controls)