Upcoming GB update

OctaviusMaximus

Reaction score
Hey guys,
There is a lot of chatter on the forums about the upcoming GB update on the 13th of May (rumored). So I was questioning if I would have to unroot my X before I get the update? Also I was also wondering if I would have to install all the bloatware back since I think I removed NFS Shift (probably also MADDEN) but that was like the first hour that I did that, before rooting the phone? If I do have to restore it, how should I go about reinstalling all the bloatware that was on the phone before I got my hands on it?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No need to unroot but you will need all stock system apps back on your x. Remove bootstrap if you have it (I have a guide on that somewhere here) as well.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Hey guys,
There is a lot of chatter on the forums about the upcoming GB update on the 13th of May (rumored). So I was questioning if I would have to unroot my X before I get the update? Also I was also wondering if I would have to install all the bloatware back since I think I removed NFS Shift (probably also MADDEN) but that was like the first hour that I did that, before rooting the phone? If I do have to restore it, how should I go about reinstalling all the bloatware that was on the phone before I got my hands on it?

If you made a stock root back up you can just flash that and receive update.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

modisch

Reaction score
My thought on the matter is to wait for a .596 gb rom like Liberty GB to be released. I figure that something will be out within a couple of days of the official gb bring pushed ota. And I'd rather be a little slow on getting gb than to live with stock everything, sans root.

Of course, that is assuming one can upgrade from .340 to a .596 rom without the formal update from verizon. Considering you could update to the leaks, I suspect I should be fine.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

rudydroid

Reaction score
no ota for me.
i don't see that it'll be better than the leak i'm running now.
i'll leave my phone in the hands of the devs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App