unrooting question?

adroid80

Reaction score
I rooted my droid 2 using z4 root. I installed droid 2 bootstrapper,root explorer and titanium backup. So I decided to uninstall everything because of the gb update coming soon. Now I still have the clockworkmod recovery coming up every time I boot up. How do I get rid of that? Do I have go to the selection of clockwork recovery " wipe data/factory reset"? Am I doing this right? Thanks a lot.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only way to truly restore a completely stock state is to SBF. The link is in my signature.

Reaction score
I agree with UrbanDounca. That's the best way to do it. The tool I used to root my phone also comes with an unroot program, but I have never tried it. I incorporated it into my NitroScript program. The link to that is in my signature also.

OP
A

adroid80

Reaction score
So even if I didn't flash a rom or anything I would still have to sbf? The superuser icon disappeared when I unrooted with z4 and I have stock user version. Like I said the only thing that's still on my phone is clockwork mod recovery when I shut my phone off and power it back on. I'm just a little wary of sbf because of the threads I see on here and don't want to wreck my phone. Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Reaction score
Yeah because if you download the busybox and superuser app, youll probably be 100% root again. The SBF absolutely restores you to factory default.