help unrooting droid 2

dontgetit

Reaction score
hey, im having a hell of a time trying to unroot my droid.. anyone know of a good way of doing it??

im doing z4 right now and it did unroot but it seems that when you uninstall z4 it goes back to being a rooted phone.. i need to send in my phone for warrenty...
please help

OP
D

dontgetit

Reaction score
i just did the unroot with z4.. it seems that the program has to be kept on the phone for the unroot to stay.. is that the case?? do i have anything to worry about with it if i send it in for warrenty with z4 still on as an app?

mjs1015

Reaction score
The best way in my opinion is to just spf back to stock. Its the way I do it. Its a pain having to re-download apps but if you back them up its not too bad.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
D

dontgetit

Reaction score
cant seem to get rsd to pick up my droid 2... it was doing it at first

mjs1015

Reaction score
Do you have usb debugging checked, and on pc mode?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do this.....

Install drivers from Moto page....if already installed uninstall and reinstall.

Hook up your D2 and wait....depending on OS there may be another small update or installation that pops up regarding flash somethingorother

disconnect D2 after that. Start RSD lite and click on the options. Tell it to do the first come first serve. If already selected then pick the other....restart RSD....go back and select first come and restart again

After all that is done....and RSD is running boot your phone into the bootloader and THEN connect it to the PC. RSD should see your phone after that.

There are links in my sig for SBF'ing your D2 and returning it to the same exact place it was in when you first pulled it out of the box.