1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unresponsive Screen after a phone call or after screen goes off

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by daboma, Oct 24, 2010.

1. daboma

daboma New Member

Hey everyone, I need some help big time. My phone is unusable. When making a phone call, I cannot hang up and the phone becomes completely unresponsive. The only thing I can do is to pull the battery.
    Definitely related is that once the screen goes off after I've initially turned the phone on I cannot unlock the screen...it is completely unresponsive. Again, all I can do is pull the battery and restart my phone. It's basically a one-use phone.

I have done a hard reset, clearing all data and restoring to factory defaults. What else can I do to fix this? I have not rooted nor done anything funky to my phone. I did nothing different than general use to cause this problem.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Sounds to me like the proximity sensor has gone wonky, among perhaps other things. I know next to nothing about the Nexus 1, but to me sounds like hardware issue, since the data reset didn't fix it.

Try taking it in for a warranty replacement, I believe there's a one year factory warranty?

good luck
  3. daboma

daboma New Member

I'm actually fixing a droid, sorry for the confusion in my profile. I spilled water on it about 7 months ago, but it's worked fine since then...therefore no warranty. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have an idea of what I can do other than warranty?
Search tags for this page
a855 goes blank during phone call
android nexus one phone screen goes off when calling
droid incredible 2 screen goes black#gsc.tab
droid incredible 2 unresponsive after call

during a call the screen is unresponsive

google htc nexus display disappears when making call
how to fix unresponsive touch screen android screen goes bla
htc one s goes black during calls
htc one s screen dissapears after phone call hang up
nexus one screen goes black during call
nexus one screen is unresponsive after phone call