Unresponsive Screen after a phone call or after screen goes off

daboma

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help big time. My phone is unusable. When making a phone call, I cannot hang up and the phone becomes completely unresponsive. The only thing I can do is to pull the battery.
Definitely related is that once the screen goes off after I've initially turned the phone on I cannot unlock the screen...it is completely unresponsive. Again, all I can do is pull the battery and restart my phone. It's basically a one-use phone.

I have done a hard reset, clearing all data and restoring to factory defaults. What else can I do to fix this? I have not rooted nor done anything funky to my phone. I did nothing different than general use to cause this problem.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sounds to me like the proximity sensor has gone wonky, among perhaps other things. I know next to nothing about the Nexus 1, but to me sounds like hardware issue, since the data reset didn't fix it.

Try taking it in for a warranty replacement, I believe there's a one year factory warranty?

good luck

OP
D

daboma

Reaction score
I'm actually fixing a droid, sorry for the confusion in my profile. I spilled water on it about 7 months ago, but it's worked fine since then...therefore no warranty. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have an idea of what I can do other than warranty?