Unprofessional customer Rep

musclemilk

Reaction score
I am a bit frustrated just got off the phone with verizon,

She said that she will not honor the instant rebate offered online for the Droid razr.
Instead I have to mail in the rebate and she was pretty rude (never dealt with anyone like that from Verizon).

On top of that she wouldn't waive the upgrade fee.

I would think with my corporate discount they may help me out but the at wasn't the case.

What do you all do in these situations? Send an E-mail?

any suggestions would be great... thanks

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
To be completely honest with you, I work in the public service industry and it astounds me what people think is rude. Sure its frustrating she didn't give you what you wanted, but she doesn't HAVE to. Its her job to make those decisions.

Of course she doesn't need to be impolite, but maybe she didn't realize she was.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Good point it wasn't the fact that she didn't waive anything but she didn't explain anything to me in detail and raised her voice etc.

In my experience with Verizon they have been hit or miss... bit there have been amazing and helpful reps and that is what I expect.

When I was with t-mobile their customer service was top notch ,unfortunately their service in my area was poor.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I can see that for sure. The other day I got a complaint against me because a customer wasn't in line, and got mad at me because I didn't defend him when other customers got irritated at him. that's why I mentioned what I did.

She should have explained things better, but to be honest I wouldn't submit any complaints or whatever. Her getting in trouble won't improve your day.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
I am going to call customer support today and hopefully get a nice rep

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Verizon should do a much better job to make Reps behavior more consistent throughout. I think its ridiculous how, depending on "who you talk to", outcomes can be different. I understand it to a certain point, but I feel like VZW is really bad at it on a lot of occasions.

rherron

Reaction score
What's also ridiculous is that some stores are privately owned and some are corporate. Makes for inconsistencies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I was referring solely to corporate stores and their absurd inconsistencies.

rpdonald

Reaction score
I think all carriers fall victim to the inconsistencies between privately owned stores and corporate ones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mail in rebates are mail in rebates. VZW reps are not allowed to just deduct the rebate. That was the rule even when I was working for VZW as a senior rep before I left in 2009. She was doing her job, whether it set well with you or not. As for the upgrade fee, it's an upgrade fee, no matter if you've been with VZW 2 years or 12 years. If the rep was rude, or for next time, be nice, and tell the rep you would like to escalate the call to her supervisor. It will be reviewed and dealt with the Rep if they were in fact rude.