Help Verizon took my money and wont give it back!!!!

alucard9114

Reaction score
On 9/22/11 i returned my Bionic.Verizon only gave me a partial refund and still ow me $215.00. It is now 11/16/2011 and i have been in e-mail contact with
a verizon rep and she said the corporate store processed the refund wrong and it will be another two months tell i get my check. Have any of you had this problem?Is there anything i can do?What would you do?

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Did u purchase the phone with a credit card or charge it to your vzw accout? If u did it on your credit card then u could file a dispute to ur cc company and have them take back the remaining monies owed to u. If u purchased with cash or ur vzw account then I dont think u have near as much leverage and have to play by there rules. even so two months to correct the mistake is ridiculous, I hope they get your money back sooner.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the rep that was helping me and she said she cant stop that check that had been put through today and credit my account so i will need to wait another 60 days for my check.But she is crediting me $50 bucks for the trouble so im a little bit more happy.

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
$50 bonus = WIN!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
$50 bonus.

Verizon has very good customer service in my experience and they've shown it to you. I mean if you paid with different methods it would definitely be harder to get your money back.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I read somewhere else on DF in the past couple days that another person was having issues (refund around 2 months late if I remember correctly) with getting a refund on a phone that they paid cash for. I think the best bet to avoid these issues is to just pay with credit. That, or just not return a phone at all :biggrin:.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I don't know how its hard to print a check and send it to him in 24hrs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
I read somewhere else on DF in the past couple days that another person was having issues (refund around 2 months late if I remember correctly) with getting a refund on a phone that they paid cash for. I think the best bet to avoid these issues is to just pay with credit. That, or just not return a phone at all :biggrin:.

Cash is only good for drug deals now!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Verizonwireless takes my money every month and doesnt give me my money back. :D;) good to hear everything is resolved with a bonus.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Another rep called mr today and said she will credit my account im all set for G Nexus if the credit goes through.Now we just need a date.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another rep called mr today and said she will credit my account im all set for G Nexus if the credit goes through.Now we just need a date.

Good to hear. Your stories are why I say Verizon has the best CS I've ever had to talk with, along with Amazon.

New rumor date is 11/21, got my fingers crossed:icon_ banana: