Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
How are you guys liking the new version? Comments... problems? Anybody using the addon script? I spent countless hours on this and not one person has reported any feedback!

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
How are you guys liking the new version? Comments... problems? Anybody using the addon script? I spent countless hours on this and not one person has reported any feedback!

Thx alot Budd!! I dont think u get enough credit for what you do, bu I really apreciate the time you take on every MOD!! :) ---Downloading...

Reaction score

Hey man it’s running beautifully for me. Thanks. I’ve not used the add-on script, so I have no feedback there. Perhaps the reason you’ve not heard from anybody is because it’s working so well for people. It may be a case of no news is good news. I do appreciate your hard work and I know others do too.

You cats out there that use of some of the more sophisticated features of Jrizzill’s mod and know what time it is with them should shout out and show some support/give him some feedback.

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
I love it, it makes my droid even more smooth.....i have no complaints only thanks...............

maxkilla

Reaction score
Just flashed and working great.. Ran the NoCarHome script worked perfect . Thanks always makes my Droid so smooth.. Running MIUI 1.1.22-1 /1.1.28 mix

bpassino

Reaction score

Was just thinking of trying this mod. In a nutshell, what will this do for me? In other words, key reasons i should use this.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Whoa
I did not see this before and it looks very awesomus maximus.
Just got everything to finally come together so I can't wait to take her out for a spin.
And as for me, I give feedback, my girlfriend actually says I give great feedback....
And by girlfriend, I mean imaginary.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

Was just thinking of trying this mod. In a nutshell, what will this do for me? In other words, key reasons i should use this.

Read the OP, but in a nutshell I would say it's strongest feature is that it will consistently give you the same experience over and over when upgrading to new versions of your ROM. For instance, if you have previously flashed the NoCarHome addon, or ran the NoCarHome script, then when you upgrade your ROM, and then re-flash the MOD over top of it, the MOD looks to files located on your SDCARD and sees that this particular addon has been flashed before, and re-applies it for you, rather than you having to do it over again.

It also consistently deletes the same useless files, applies the same tweaks, moves the same apps to the "data/app/" directory, installs a massive amount of official ringtones and notifications to your SDCARD & deletes them from the phone's internal memory, installs multi-lingual TTS speech data to your SDCARD & deletes them from the phone's internal memory, clears various cache files (including dalvik-cache so you don't have to after an upgrade), etc. So it's second greatest feature is that it gives you a lot more internal memory, so your phone runs smoother.

Oh, I know I've hinted at this before, but I also would just like to say that this MOD is now officially compatible with ANY Droid1 ROM. Also, it is almost compatible with any ROM for any phone, however, hold off on flashing this on other phones until I figure out how to detect the model of the phone using scripting, and then push different versions of build.prop to system accordingly.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Jriz, you are saying this can be used all across the board, including the gingerbread fulls and hybrids?
That is brilliant.

In theory, yes. I have tested this on various other Droid1 ROMS with a 100% success rate. But the only way to see if it works for your preferred ROM is to make a Nandroid backup and flash it.

bpassino

Reaction score

Read the OP, but in a nutshell I would say it's strongest feature is that it will consistently give you the same experience over and over when upgrading to new versions of your ROM. For instance, if you have previously flashed the NoCarHome addon, or ran the NoCarHome script, then when you upgrade your ROM, and then re-flash the MOD over top of it, the MOD looks to files located on your SDCARD and sees that this particular addon has been flashed before, and re-applies it for you, rather than you having to do it over again.

It also consistently deletes the same useless files, applies the same tweaks, moves the same apps to the "data/app/" directory, installs a massive amount of official ringtones and notifications to your SDCARD & deletes them from the phone's internal memory, installs multi-lingual TTS speech data to your SDCARD & deletes them from the phone's internal memory, clears various cache files (including dalvik-cache so you don't have to after an upgrade), etc. So it's second greatest feature is that it gives you a lot more internal memory, so your phone runs smoother.

Oh, I know I've hinted at this before, but I also would just like to say that this MOD is now officially compatible with ANY Droid1 ROM. Also, it is almost compatible with any ROM for any phone, however, hold off on flashing this on other phones until I figure out how to detect the model of the phone using scripting, and then push different versions of build.prop to system accordingly.

I get it now. thanks. I puts new installations the way you want them.