1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Unlocked" Question

Discussion in 'Galaxy S4 Development' started by jsandy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jsandy

jsandy New Member

What exactly is meant by "unlocked"? I'm currently on a rooted Razr Maxx with a grandfathered unlimited verizon data plan. I want to get either an S4 or a Note3. I know that, in order to keep the unlimited plan, I will be paying full price for either. Since I have to pay full price anyway should I buy the "unlocked" version? Will I be able to root and use a custom recovery if I get the "unlocked" version? Thanks for any advice.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Unlocked in this case means the phone can be used with any provider.
  3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

You can buy a Verizon Galaxy S4, i545 model, Developer Edition with unlocked Bootloader from Samsung for $650. They ship overnight for $20. Take the sim card out of your current phone, put it in your S4 and use Verizon's online activation...works like a charm...I did that 4 days ago.
Search tags for this page

galaxy s4 price norcross ga

what does it mean when my galaxy s4 says custom with a unloc

where can i get my galaxy s4 unlocked, norcross ga