"Unknown State" Wireless Tether

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running a stock rooted Droid 2, v2.2.

When I go to run Wireless Tether in Bluetooth mode, it tells me that the phone is in an "unknown state" and I need to reboot.

Needless to say, a reboot fixes nothing, and I'm back at square one.

I havent lost root -- SU still prompts, Root Explorer still works.

I've tried many versions of the software, from the latest pre-release, to the older 2.02.....

Anyone got a fix?

Thanks guys

Dustin.

Reaction score
I'm running a stock rooted Droid 2, v2.2.

When I go to run Wireless Tether in Bluetooth mode, it tells me that the phone is in an "unknown state" and I need to reboot.

Needless to say, a reboot fixes nothing, and I'm back at square one.

I havent lost root -- SU still prompts, Root Explorer still works.

I've tried many versions of the software, from the latest pre-release, to the older 2.02.....

Anyone got a fix?

Thanks guys

Had the same issue the other day, couldn't solve it to save my life. Plus other phones/PC's couldn't connect to me or anything. Also with crappy Up/Down speeds.. :/

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try deleting the permissions in the superuser app. or just reinstalling the wireless tether.

i had this problem on the DX but closing and reopening the app seemed to fix it.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep -- Removed, rebooted, and cleared permissions in every possible combination I can come up with.

Occasionally it will be fixed, but only for that session. I'll throw a bug report at the dev.

Thanks, guys.

cexshun

Reaction score
Here's the workaround that I just discovered today. I submitted a detailed report to the app author.

These steps must be followed in this order!
1. Must turn on BT first and wait for laptop to connect to it
2. Open app on phone and start tethering. You will receive an unknown state error.
3. From laptop, connect to the BT network. Will connect, but with wrong IP range.
4. From phone, stop tethering and start again, this will disconnect the laptop from the BT network
5. Reconnect laptop to BT network
The tethering will work fine until the next time you turn off BT.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot -- thanks.