Unknown caller.

Jahkaka

Reaction score
I just joined here today and read through a few topics.. I have had A LOT of those problems. The notification light not working properly, multiple texts sending, and the keyboard not working as it should to name a few. Everytime someone calls me it is displayed as a question mark and says "Unknown number" or something that affect. It even does that with people that are already in as my contacts.. Any help?

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. I had a problem with the notification light as well and all I did is a factory reset after that it worked just like it did when I got it out of the box.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
J

Jahkaka

Reaction score
I have tried that. It did not help. My phone has had problems since day three and I've gone to the store several times just to have the problem be unresolved and essentially be called an idiot. I asked them to replace the phone and seeing as I have the two year warranty I thought it would not be a problem but they strong-armed me into trying their 'fix'. What they suggested helped for about two minutes before resorting to the old problems. I already found numerous fixes on this site that the techies there could not come up with.

Reaction score
If they gave you a 14 day trail before buying it return it I guess. They'll charge you $15 for a different cell or they'll send you another X2 but a different one.

JohnPX2

Reaction score
Regarding the keyboard issues you might try this. I had similar problems and it resolved them.

Menu/Settings/Applications/All/Multi Touch Keyboard/clear data

I too have the multiple text msg sending problem, but mine seems to be resending 3-4 times only upon reboot only. I'm waiting to see if 2.3 is going to be released soon and fix some of these issues before I root.

OP
J

Jahkaka

Reaction score
That fix works quite well but I`m so used to using the Gingerbread keyboard that I think I`ll just stick with that. Thank you.