Unknown Caller Prob

chikano72

Reaction score
Just got my phone today and im not sure if this is a common problem but when i get an incoming call from someone i already have in my contacts...it appears as an "Unknown Caller" any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Does their contact listing include their area code? Not sure if this matters on the Droid but some phones won't realize its the same number unless the entry matches.

OP
C

chikano72

Reaction score
area codes are included in the contacts..its getting annoying that every incoming call is an Unknown Caller =/

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It's from everyone in your contact list not just some? Are they main phone contacts, or synced through email or fb?

OP
C

chikano72

Reaction score
Well only 3 people so far from my contacts have called me and all have appeared to be "Unknown" All of the contacts i have entered manually into my phone

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is weird, have you tried doing a battery pull?

OP
C

chikano72

Reaction score
i am trying but this body glove is ridiculously tight

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Lame, well only thing I can think of is try deleting the contact you are having issues with and put them back in to see if that fixes.

copdoc1

Reaction score
Unlisted Number errors

When my Droid X is in BT mode in my 2 cars or on my home BT phone, "unlisted number" calls do not go through the Blue tooth, they only ring on the Droid X. Even if the unlisted person is in my contact list with area code, etc. This causes me to loose calls. Any suggestions?