Uninstall bootstrap

GotnFX

Reaction score
So used Matts utility 1.8 and installed bootstrap. I guess I should have installed safestrap as i hear this is better to use to flash custom ROMs. Now I never hit the bootstrap ICS recovery button nor the Reboot ICS recovery button. Can I just delete the app and install safestrap using the utility?

OP
GotnFX

GotnFX

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with bootstrap to answer this question?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, I need the answer to this question eventually also for when I want to do the same thing. But I'm waiting to see what the next OTA will bring when it gets here before I try out any roms. I am hoping it will be as easy as uninstalling bootstrap and installing safestrap but for some reason I don't think it will be that easy and I haven't researched it yet to find out exactly what it will take.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check in your system/bin folder. If you have logwrapper and logwrapper.bin, then delete the logwrapper and renamed the .bin one to just logwrapper. If you have a hijack file delete it too. Then reboot and install safestrap.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
GotnFX

GotnFX

Reaction score
jsnweitzel said:
Check in your system/bin folder. If you have logwrapper and logwrapper.bin, then delete the logwrapper and renamed the .bin one to just logwrapper. If you have a hijack file delete it too. Then reboot and install safestrap.

So I checked system/bin folder and only have logwrapper. No logwrapper.bin and no hijack file. Safe to just delete bootstrap in app drawer and install safestrap?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would think you should be fine. You can check by booting to recovery, if you get the stock recovery then you should be good to install safestrap.

OP
GotnFX

GotnFX

Reaction score
jsnweitzel said:
I would think you should be fine. You can check by booting to recovery, if you get the stock recovery then you should be good to install safestrap.

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
capnwalker said:
Hi tismydroid, I have been reading the forums for a long time, but never signed up to post until I had this same question. ( how do i move from bootstrap to safestrap?) even better question: has the question as to whether you can/how to delete one and install the other ( delete bootstrap and install safestrap) been answered? i cant find the answer anywhere, and i have been reading here and on the Droid Razr forums... Can you or MattyP or anyone else answer this yet?

thanks for all the great information!

Hi and Welcome to DroidForums! I have not attempted this yet but gotnFX has, I believe with success. When the time comes to do this, I plan to follow what he did. He is pretty active on here so hopefully he will notice this and chime in on the steps he followed.

Calling gotnFX, we need your help and expertise!

OP
GotnFX

GotnFX

Reaction score
jsnweitzel said:

Follow Jsnweitzel's instructions above. I didnt "activate" bootstrap and so I didnt have to delete or rename anything in the system/bin folder. I just deleted the bootstrap in my app drawer.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks GotnFX! It was that easy? Very cool! I haven't done anything with bootstrap either but I will double check to make sure those files are not there.