How do I install SAFESTRAP? PLEASE HELP!

DroidX_46

Reaction score
I am on 4.0.4 & rooted with BOOT MENU MANAGER. I would like to install SAFESTRAP which I DL from RAZRFORUMS.COM, it is version 2.00. I also have BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY installed which I have not used yet. I want to know if I have to uninstall BMM & how to correctly install SAFESTRAP 2.00. Also, will I need BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY for anything?
-Thank You for any & all assistance that can be offered, I greatly appreciate it!

OP
DroidX_46

DroidX_46

Reaction score
I feel like a fool b/c I'm not a NOOB & this was far easier than what I had imagined.
I was able to figure it out. For anyone who possibly is dealing with the same issue as mine, here are the steps that I took to go from "BOOT MENU MANAGER" version 0.3.4 to "SAFESTRAP" version 3.0.5
1) Deleted NANDROID BACKUP that I made with BMM
2) Go to BMM App & when pressed you receive 3 options, one will say "INSTALLER"; when selected you will be given the option to "UNINSTALL", select it & it will wipe everything BMM related that is in your phone.
3) DOWNLOAD "SAFESTRAP" to your PC, connect your phone via USB cable and drag the SAFESTRAP.apk file to your phone.
4) DISCONNECT your phone from your PC, find the SAFESTRAP "APK" file in your FILE MANAGER (I use ASTRO), select & Install.
5)After App is installed, select it and press "INSTALL RECOVERY". The app will do it's thing, when it REBOOTS go to the SAFESTRAP "menu" & make a NANDROID BACKUP.
-THATS ALL!
Also, once you have DOWNLOADED the "APK" file to your computer I recommend to go to YOUTUBE & watch a video on how to install & make a BACKUP just to be safe. I HOPE THIS HELPED SOMEONE OUT THERE!