uncommanded reboot

Abby Normal

Reaction score
So My beloved Maxx did this yesterday... ok, no problem, hadn't done it before, just a hiccup....

Then it just did it again today....... have I got an issue , is there something going on out there, anyone else have this happening often or am I just over cautious ??????

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In my experience this is usually caused by an app or apps. Have you installed any new apps lately? Or updated any? I know that can be hard to remember sometimes (at least for me). The same thing happened to my Droid RAZR M once. I thought about the recent apps I had installed and put the phone in Safe Mode for a while...no reboots. So I uninstalled a few apps that I had installed recently and rebooted the phone and it never rebooted by itself again. Might not be the exact same case for you, but probably a good place to start.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Good info,, thanks, I did install a few new apps.. but this phone doesn't ask me to install updates on everything anymore, it does some automatically even if I didn't install them... strange.....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's an option in the settings of the play store and/or on the app page. It's changed over the years, but you can tell it whether or not to update apps automatically.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
That's an option in the settings of the play store and/or on the app page. It's changed over the years, but you can tell it whether or not to update apps automatically.
Thanks. I will have to check that out and get them changed.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Mine has randomly locked up and rebooted recently. I was on the phone the other night and it decided it was done. Rebooted mid-conversation

doogald

Reaction score
I had a spontaneous restart the other day. It's happened a few times before, but it wasn't a full restart, just Android (my phone is encrypted and it didn't ask me to unlock it on restart as it usually does.)

I did wipe the cache partition afterward, just in case.

Clear Cache Partition

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
After a month or so of trying to find what was causing this I gave up. I was going to do a Factory Reset but figured I would give Verizon a chance... it took all of 6 minutes and then he handed me my phone back and said, we will give you a new phone....... Oh well.......
Towards the end every time my phone would reboot an icon for an app would disappear.... and then the app itself would disappear and if I tried to reload it, I would get the message that it was already loaded........

New phone works like the old one did before it was possessed..LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After a month or so of trying to find what was causing this I gave up. I was going to do a Factory Reset but figured I would give Verizon a chance... it took all of 6 minutes and then he handed me my phone back and said, we will give you a new phone....... Oh well.......
Towards the end every time my phone would reboot an icon for an app would disappear.... and then the app itself would disappear and if I tried to reload it, I would get the message that it was already loaded........

New phone works like the old one did before it was possessed..LOL
Glad to hear they were able to help you out!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Doesn't do it often enough to motivate me to go into Verizon, but it IS annoying...

BlueLions81

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Doesn't do it often enough to motivate me to go into Verizon, but it IS annoying...
Same thing is happening with my Maxx. Interestingly, some people with Turbo's are having reboot issues. There is a thread on that forum too.

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Hmm I have the same issue. I have way too many apps to uninstall then re-install to isolate the problem. And just as some one said previously, mine shut off in mid conversation!!! Only thing, mine doesn't reboot itself. I have to hold the power for about 7 seconds for it to power on. I wonder what mutal app it is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk