Help my Droid has gone bonkers

Abby Normal

Reaction score
So if i press something, anything, it doesn't respond.....

Continued trying to get anything will eventually get something to respond but not necessarily what I was pressing...

Also uncommanded inputs, like now it tries to call my wife , if I manage to get it to stop it will try again after a few seconds.

I have tried warm rebooting and even pulling the battery and restarting (many times) but it goes right back to either not responding or if I press an icon it will light up a different icon and respond to that one....

Can this be fixed by flashing my phone?

If it can be fixed by flashing, will Verizon do that or will they insist I get a new phone.

I bought my phone in Jan 2010 so I don't think I am available for any kind of upgrade.....

Help, knowledge is needed before i go to Verizon today.....

Edited to add this phone is stock, never been rooted ....

OK Android forums has a thread on this and soooo many people with this issue. It seems it is a known issue and Verizon will replace the phone if under warranty or extended warranty, other than that time to buy a new phone.....

If it is a known issue, they should be repairing or replacing at a reduced rate IMHO.....

I guess I have lost my Droid 1. I still don't know what i will do as far as replacing it....

I am open to Any and all opinions

Last edited:
OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Here is an update.....

Phone is toast, Verizon is replacing my phone.

My only hope is that the phone I get is in as good a shape as my present defunct phone..... but I don't it..

Anyway, I will have a droid replacement to use until my contract is up....

So for the next two day I am without phone, but it could have ended a lot worst I guess.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Here is an update.....

My only hope is that the phone I get is in as good a shape as my present defunct phone..... but I don't it..

So for the next two day I am without phone, but it could have ended a lot worst I guess.

The CLNR they are sending you should look like new. If it doesn't call and complain. Although cosmetics are not always a reason to replace a phone, if you call and complain it will be listed as an issue from day one.

Personally my Droid 2 CLNR looks like a new phone still, and did from the day I received it. Not a single scratch on the casing, etc...

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Here is an update.....

The CLNR they are sending you should look like new. If it doesn't call and complain. Although cosmetics are not always a reason to replace a phone, if you call and complain it will be listed as an issue from day one.

Personally my Droid 2 CLNR looks like a new phone still, and did from the day I received it. Not a single scratch on the casing, etc...
Just came in an hour ago. and you are right, it looks like new..dancedroid the slide out keyboard is a bit loose on the right side but nothing exciting, it still works just fine and fits nice and tight when open or shut. no scratches , nothing......

Now to get everything reloaded......