unbilled data

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I keep getting 15$ charges every month for unbilled data. Is this another vzw scam? I'm never roaming, or in extended network.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
They said its from previous months that weren't in the bill. Its making me mad. For the past 5 months it has been on there. They say its from roaming. But I'm never roaming. U have data roaming turned off.

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sapphire Black

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is something you should call Verizon about and have resolved. Charging you extra for something you aren't doing is totally bogus. Talk to a supervisor or higher up and get the issue resolved. I'm surprised you've let it happened for so long, I would've had it stopped after the first charge and demand a refund.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
They are "looking" into it and going to get back to me.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hate to sound like the opportunist here (e.g., "I'M CALLING MY LAWYER!") but I also wonder if there is a consumer protection law that applies. My eyebrows went up the moment I read they were billing you for something that happened in a previous billing cycle. We're charged all the time for late fees and other mistakes -- it wouldn't surprise if there is some kind of rule that prevents them from charging you, say, once the bill is printed and paid.

-Matt

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dusting off my old VZW CSR skills (it's been over 4 years now). Data and minute usage can take up to 3 bill cycles to show up because you could have been using another carrier's towers somewhere down the line and it is the other carrier who is delaying in sending the data/minute usage reports to VZW.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Dusting off my old VZW CSR skills (it's been over 4 years now). Data and minute usage can take up to 3 bill cycles to show up because you could have been using another carrier's towers somewhere down the line and it is the other carrier who is delaying in sending the data/minute usage reports to VZW.

I have data roaming turned off

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have data roaming turned off

I don't have access to your account, but you have data on. You probably have data roaming turned off so you don't accidentally data roam in Canada or Mexico. I'm curious why you are getting charged for it. You really do at this point need to contact VZW and have them look into it. We can only guess.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I don't have access to your account, but you have data on. You probably have data roaming turned off so you don't accidentally data roam in Canada or Mexico. I'm curious why you are getting charged for it. You really do at this point need to contact VZW and have them look into it. We can only guess.

Yes data is on. They told me it is days that wasn't reported until after the bill was printed. Either way I shouldn't get charged for it because it wouldn't take me over my 6gb allocation for the month in which it was used. It would barely out me at 3/4th my data usage each month. I told them this and they said pretty much there isn't anything they can do about it.

griswald

Reaction score
Hope I remember correctly here...there is roaming and then there is extended network. Verizon has agreements with other carriers that allow seamless usage that is part of your coverage but not technically on a Verizon system. So you aren't roaming but you aren't using a Verizon tower either. That is where the delayed billing comes from.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
But why charge me for it if it doesn't take me over my monthly allocation in the first place for that month.