1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Data Roaming - Should it be checked?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by MWM, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MWM

MWM New Member

When I look at Data Delivery options under Data Management under the phone's main settings, there are 2 options - Background data and Data Roaming. I have them both checked. Under Data Roaming, when I check it, it gives a warning that significant roaming charges could occur if acquiring data while roaming. Does that apply to folks that have the $30 data plan, or does the plan cover us whether or not we are roaming? In my local area I'm never roaming, but could be in some areas when traveling. Any clarification would be appreciated.
  2. jacobrv

jacobrv New Member

I would keep Data Roaming off. It can rack up hundreds of dollars in just a few hours in worst case scenarios. Without Data Roaming on I was able to get 3g service almost everywhere during my 3 state vacation, so I'm pretty sure there is no reason to have it on unless you are traveling out of the country. But if you are, you need to buy an international plan or pay HUGE fees.
  3. MWM

MWM New Member

Thanks jacobrv - that's what I needed to know.
Search tags for this page

android data delivery settings

data delivery for a droid x
data delivery settings
droid razr x, roaming settings

droid x data roaming setting

droid x roaming settings

droid x settings data roaming
droid2 data roaming setting
how do i check the data delivery settings on droid
how tp set roaming on droid x
motorola droid x roaming alert