Data Roaming?

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Should it be on or off?

I have heard mixed thoughts about it.

• Some people say if you are roaming and use data with "Data Roaming" ON, you wont get charged? Is this true? If data is 1.99 a mb without a plan, I can imagine what it would be if you were roaming.
  • If this is true, you only get charged for minutes when roaming not data?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I was on a cruiseship I put the phone into airplane mode because I'd be roaming the entire time I was on the ship...for data. In the USA I am never roaming so I don't worry about it. You could leave it off as a safety precaution though.

Droidnought

Reaction score
Should it be on or off?Some people say if you are roaming and use data with "Data Roaming" ON, you wont get charged? Is this true?
It's true on my plan, so I would expect it to be true on yours - as long as you stay in the US. I am always Roaming when I am at home because Verizon's coverage doesn't quite make it to my house. However, my area is well covered by US Cellular's 1x network, and the phone automatically switches. When I leave and get a little ways towards town the phone switches to native Verizon 3G.

So far I have seen no roaming charges on my bill, and at the time I got my phone Verizon advertising indicated there would be no data roaming charges added to the $30 unlimited data plan. You should be able to verify that on your plan (which I would expect to be the same as mine) by calling Verizon.

Now if you leave the US, roaming charges will apply.

Wally

Jer

Reaction score
Pretty sure that $30 includes nation-wide data... no roaming charges. I was driving from Colorado through Wyoming to Nebraska and also realized my data roaming was unchecked so I checked it to allow the roaming which I shouldn't be charged for. If I am... Verizon will hear about it. To pay $30 per month for data and ALSO get charges for data roaming is highway robbery IMO and I doubt Verizon would do such a thing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm very positive about this. I've read many post on this and everyone says no roaming charges within the US for data.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is no roaming for data charges in the US. Canada is 2.05 per MB and mexico is like 5.12 per MB.

sonyjohn

Reaction score
.International SIM .

it's not right on my plan, so I would expect it to be fase on yours - as long as you stay in the US. I am always Roaming when I am at home because xxsim doesn't quite make it to my house. However, my area is well covered by US Cellular's 1x network, and the phone automatically switches. .

So far I have seen no roaming charges on my bill, and at the time I got my phone xxsim advertising indicated there would be no data roaming charges added to the $30 unlimited data plan. You should be able to verify that on your plan (which I would expect to be the same as mine) by calling same

Israel - EUR0.97 instead of EUR1.85
USA - EUR0.51 instead of EUR0.70

sony

sonyjohn

Reaction score
.International SIM .

I just went for a holiday in USA .I was in trouble to search out some factors about roaming charges.I asked to many of my friends about some free international incoming none of them had an idea about this.And i made google it.and couple of business men suggested
It was pretty surprising that i found a free incoming call for international roaming.Its name is xxsim.

changes and data rates in:

Israel - EUR0.97 instead of EUR1.85
USA - EUR0.51 instead of EUR0.70

it was pretty good for me. Hopes ok for you??