Unable to root D2G!!!

damon928

Reaction score
So I've rooted my D2G in the past using z4root ver 1.3, RSD lite 4.9, and the "super one click" software method. I always had the droid bootstrap recovery available to me when I booted up. Recently I tried installing a new ROM (forget which one but I think it was Liquid D2G). That last attempt to put a new Rom on my droid almost bricked my phone. I had to use rsdlite to save my butt. I installed the 2.4.330 sbf and thought I was in the clear. I then realized that I no longer had bootstrap recovery available to me when I started up my droid. So it looked like I needed to start from scratch with rooting (as I'm no longer rooted due to sbfing). I installed z4 root and that would not work. I looked for an older backup but they are saved as .zip files not SBF so i have no way to load the zips. I then tried the super one click method and it never works because it says it's waiting for the device. So that leaves me at my current situation. I CAN NOT ROOT MY D2G! All methods I've used in the past are not working. I have read thru many forums trying to resolve this to no avail. Also, when I use rsdlite i have to follow directions I found here in another forum where I have to rename the sbf in my root directory but that doesn't always work.

Does anybody have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I am completely stumped and now frustrated. I feel like I've tried all the "workarounds" but whichever method I choose I end up with a clean version of 2.4.330. I sbf'd back to 2.3.220 but that didn't change anything either. Any power users with suggestions? Thanks!!!

Insidious

Reaction score
Try Pete's one click method. A google search will bring you to the proper xda thread. Essentially you have an adb shell and when you plug your phone into the computer and it detects it, (make sure you have the latest drivers), just open the program and hit root my phone. The next thing it does confused me at first. It will run a command, (step 1), and it will reboot your phone. Which should be in charge only mode by the way. Next it will run another command, (step 2), it will reboot your phone again. Lastly it will run step 3 which will reboot your phone, but once it is booted up you will be rooted and have superuser installed. I know this sounds complicated but once you get the program and run it, it'll make sense.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
D

damon928

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. You mention that the phone needs to be in charge only mode. Do you know if that is true for the super one click method also? Wondering if that was the issue. I'm at work now so I'll try later. Thanks!!!

Insidious

Reaction score
Super one click will not work with OS version 2.3.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
D

damon928

Reaction score
The Pete's Root method worked!!! I sbf'd back to the 2.4.330 for a clean install and tried it and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for your help!!!