Unable to remove AirDroid

nepkp

Reaction score
I installed the app and tried it. I have no use for it, but attempts to remove it have been thwarted at every turn. The idea that the app has access to all of my data is not reassuring, now that I can't control it. Has anyone else had this problem?
I have tried everything I can think of, short of wiping the phone. There is no uninstall button that works, it is grayed out. I have deleted the folder more than once and it will restart itself.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I assume you went to settings - apps - all and tried to uninstall it there as well as from the app drawer? Keep in mind that it needs to access all your data to work but if you don't use it it can't access anything. There is no privacy issue.

Last edited:
OP
N

nepkp

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance, and yes I have tried to remove it from the settings as well as trying to delete the folder and files, on the phone and via a usb cable . It just keeps coming back. I am ready to wipe the phone just to get rid of it. It is very annoying.

OP
N

nepkp

Reaction score
I just did a hard reset and that got rid of the rouge app. Not only got rid of AirDroid, but the phone seems faster and it was not that really that hard!

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance, and yes I have tried to remove it from the settings as well as trying to delete the folder and files, on the phone and via a usb cable . It just keeps coming back. I am ready to wipe the phone just to get rid of it. It is very annoying.

As was mentioned if you are rooted, if you are use an app like Root Explorer, and go into "/"> "system"> "apps"> find the app and delete it, then use the same Root Explorer and delete all the remaining apps, most likely they are located on the internal storage. I would then suggest rebooting your device, to make sure all that spyware has been removed.

If you are not rooted and it sounds like that may be the case, try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwyLDEsIm1vYmkuaW5mb2xpZmUudW5pbnN0YWxsZXIiXQ.. it is an Uninstaller that seems to be non-root friendly, once you have installed the application, disable your wi-fi connection and disable your mobile connection, then try to find the program you are concerned about and delete it. (also go into your Google Play> go to MyApps> go to All and delete the app there. If you are having difficulties with removing the AirDroid folders that remain, try to rename them, once renamed delete them.

There are alot of different things that you can try, it's just a matter of finding out where this problem is coming from. Make sure that AirDroid is deleted also from your computer, I'm sure it is though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into your settings, accessibility and see if it's enabled there. Anything enabled there can't be uninstalled until it's unchecked.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
N

nepkp

Reaction score
Thanks, but I wiped the phone and that got rid of AirDroid, and some other problems, too. I will be rooting the phone soon enough, I just can't stand to not be in full control of my own computer. I just need some time to study up on it.
Thanks to all that replied.

erich93063

Reaction score
Just so you know, Airdroid is not a rogue app. It's a very trusted app that has been around for a long time. The reason you could not uninstall it was simply a matter of Airdroid being a "Device Administrator" which is what allows Airdroid to do a lot of the cool things that it can do. One of the things that happens though when an app is setup as a device administrator, is that it cannot be uninstalled via the normal method. This is to prevent unauthorized processes from uninstalling the app. All you had to do was go into Settings>Security>Device administrators and remove the check box next to Airdroid. This would then allow you to uninstall like normal and you would not have had to do a hard reset.

OP
N

nepkp

Reaction score
Thanks. I may have a use for it in the future, and that is good to know. I had looked for a while and did not have time to research it. I still don't have the time I need to learn more about the droid world. I love it, though. I'm not getting an iPhone any time soon! Sorry about the misunderstanding.

IvanBG

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

Just so you know, Airdroid is not a rogue app. It's a very trusted app that has been around for a long time. The reason you could not uninstall it was simply a matter of Airdroid being a "Device Administrator" which is what allows Airdroid to do a lot of the cool things that it can do. One of the things that happens though when an app is setup as a device administrator, is that it cannot be uninstalled via the normal method. This is to prevent unauthorized processes from uninstalling the app. All you had to do was go into Settings>Security>Device administrators and remove the check box next to Airdroid. This would then allow you to uninstall like normal and you would not have had to do a hard reset.

God bless you erich93063 !

mveljko

Reaction score
That's it!

Thanks erich93063! The best explanation there is. It worked like a charm :)

Cheers

beachron

Reaction score
Airdroid

The REAL correct answer. Thank you.

bpogula

Reaction score

Great help. A simple solution to uninstall this useless app. Couldn't get in at all some how.Thanks for the helpful tip