Icons from deleted apps mysteriously appear on home screen

DavidW1820

Reaction score
I had been using Nova Prime free launcher for a few weeks and decided to go back to stock Motoblur to gain access to the circles widget and quick settings. Otherwise I would have kept it. I think the battery life is bit better with stock and not having to have 3 separate widgets for clock, battery, weather, and quick settings. I deleted Nova off my phone. Anyway, I did a cache wipe and have added and deleted a few apps over the last few days and have periodically noticed a lone icon parked on an unused spot on my home screen that's an app I've deleted. You touch it and it says app deleted so I get rid of the icon. But different icons have popped up in a similar fashion. Some are for apps that aren't deleted but are just duplicate icons. Very strange. So, short of a complete factory reset is there anything that can eliminate this from happening again? Update, now every time I reboot my phone I'm getting a different icon already in a home screen folder appearing in a blank spot on a different home screen. I delete it and a different appears next time.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I had been using Nova Prime free launcher for a few weeks and decided to go back to stock Motoblur to gain access to the circles widget and quick settings. Otherwise I would have kept it. I think the battery life is bit better with stock and not having to have 3 separate widgets for clock, battery, weather, and quick settings. I deleted Nova off my phone. Anyway, I did a cache wipe and have added and deleted a few apps over the last few days and have periodically noticed a lone icon parked on an unused spot on my home screen that's an app I've deleted. You touch it and it says app deleted so I get rid of the icon. But different icons have popped up in a similar fashion. Some are for apps that aren't deleted but are just duplicate icons. Very strange. So, short of a complete factory reset is there anything that can eliminate this from happening again? Update, now every time I reboot my phone I'm getting a different icon already in a home screen folder appearing in a blank spot on a different home screen. I delete it and a different appears next time.

This cant be, a problem on this phone? "Inconceivable"!

Anyway, I have problems too with certain apps, Im told my phone is a defect, so I assume yours is defective too.

You will be told to download this app and that app, perhaps it will work. I have decided to just get used to the phones strangeness. After reading all the complaints, I highly doubt getting a refurbed unit will answer or fix anything.

Sorry this is happening, I see its your first post. I remember mine was happy, now everytime I come here it seems more and more people are sad with their "premium" device.

OP
D

DavidW1820

Reaction score
This cant be, a problem on this phone? "Inconceivable"!

Anyway, I have problems too with certain apps, Im told my phone is a defect, so I assume yours is defective too.

You will be told to download this app and that app, perhaps it will work. I have decided to just get used to the phones strangeness. After reading all the complaints, I highly doubt getting a refurbed unit will answer or fix anything.

Sorry this is happening, I see its your first post. I remember mine was happy, now everytime I come here it seems more and more people are sad with their "premium" device.

I succombed to a factory reset and the problem was solved. Somehow, the nova launcher corrupted a file in the factory launcher causing it to misbehave. It's fine now.