Removing widgets and icons from Home pages

maxmjn

Reaction score
Keep pressing the widget/icon in your DROID home page for long. You can see a trash bin appear at the bottom of your home page. Once you see the TRASH bin, drag and drop the widget/icon into Trash........... DONE.
Not Sure if the delete widget/icon goes into a Android recycle bin or gets purged completely. May I should connect to pc after deleting and check if a recycle bin / folder is present in 16GB microSD.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
When you drag an icon/widget to the trash, it doesn't delete it from your phone, just the screen. You can re-add widgets from the widgets menu, even if you've dragged them to the trash.

shooter

Reaction score
When you drag an icon/widget to the trash, it doesn't delete it from your phone, just the screen. You can re-add widgets from the widgets menu, even if you've dragged them to the trash.

I don't use the Visual Email widget at all. Yet, it always seems to run. I can bring up the Kill App application and kill it, but this is a pain in the ass.

Any suggestions on how to permanently delete apps? If you drag to trash can, it doesn't delete it from the phone.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Home++ allows you to uninstall apps when you drag an icon/widget to the trash-can. It will NOT work for included apps though (Facebook ect). For those you will have to root and use adb shell to remove the apps.