Removing icons

nhra1ss

Reaction score
If I drag an icon on the home screen to the trash can, does it remove the app or just the short cut? I have a few I want to remove from the home screen but don't want to uninstall them.

BigCity

Reaction score
newby here. Where do I find the trashcan to drag the icons to?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Drag the icon or widget to the bottom of the screen, the trashcan will show up.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can drag anything into the trashcan from a homescreen, it will just remove the icon from the homescreen, not uninstall the application

pool_shark

Reaction score
what about the preinstalled icons like amazon and blockbuster?

You can only drag them to the trash can if you have them on a home screen. You can't drag anything out of the app drawer to the trash.

gheimstead

Reaction score
restore an original icon?

What if I want to restore one of the original icons? I deleted the red "favorites" icon from the screen, and now I can't find it. Wasn't sure if there was a way to retrieve it or not...

Thanks,
Gary

If I drag an icon on the home screen to the trash can, does it remove the app or just the short cut? I have a few I want to remove from the home screen but don't want to uninstall them.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What if I want to restore one of the original icons? I deleted the red "favorites" icon from the screen, and now I can't find it. Wasn't sure if there was a way to retrieve it or not...

Thanks,
Gary

Long press on the home screen and you'll get options.
You can also drag from screen to screen by long pressing and dragging to the edge of the screen.

gheimstead

Reaction score

Thanks,
Gary

Long press on the home screen and you'll get options.
You can also drag from screen to screen by long pressing and dragging to the edge of the screen.
I tried that, I have a "favorite" folder in there, but not the orginal theme one. Seems like all the other theme folders are in there, but not that one. I figured out I could slide icons from screen to screen, just a little too late for this one... Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it!