Unable to get firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronzony1

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since December 09..I have had 3 notifications that there was a system update available.
Each time I attempted to update, my Droid would lock up and just show the white Motorola logo on the screen.
I couldnt turn off the Droid.. I had to remove the battery and reinstall it in order for the Droid to work.
In settings it say there are no updates available and my firmware version is 2.0.1.
Anybody have a clue as to update this thing??
Thanks
Ron

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid since December 09..I have had 3 notifications that there was a system update available.
Each time I attempted to update, my Droid would lock up and just show the white Motorola logo on the screen.
I couldnt turn off the Droid.. I had to remove the battery and reinstall it in order for the Droid to work.
In settings it say there are no updates available and my firmware version is 2.0.1.
Anybody have a clue as to update this thing??
Thanks
Ron

From your description it doesn't sound like you've rooted your phone or installed a custom rom that would prevent an OTA update. I'd strongly recommend that you take your Droid to a Verizon store where a technician can examine it. You either have a hardware problem or more likely a corrupted o/s kernel that is preventing the phone from operating normally.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cross posting. Thread closed. Please do not cross post in the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.