1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Kenwood KDC-X895 Bluetooth Firmware Update Issue

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ricjn, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ricjn

ricjn New Member

:icon_evil:Recently bought a Kenwood Excelion 895. Overall not a bad unit and has some pretty good features.
    One of the main reasons I bought it was for the built-in bluetooth hands free capability.
    Now currently the built-in bluetooth works fairly well with my T-mobile G2. There are few bugs but mostly minor. Kenwood released a new firmware update for this radio. However it has to be done via bluetooth. I figured I would try the update to see if it fixed the minor bugs.
    This consists of a laptop, their updater tool and the firmware file.
    Now my toshiba laptop has bluetooth drivers. The laptop and the radio can both see each other however kenwood either has a crappy update tool or crappy directions.
    While my laptop and the headunit can both see each other no matter I do their update program tells me no bluetooth device found when I try to perform the update.
    I called Kenwood and some trained monkey on the other side could do nothing but pull up the update procedure pdf off the web. I swear to you he read through the process which I had already printed and told me he nothing else besides that and that his job was basic support.
Search tags for this page
a2dp kenwood update kdc-x895
how do i stream audio from droid razr hd thru kenwood kdc-x8
kdc 895 update
kdc-895 bluetooth capabities
kdc-x895 firmware 4

kdc-x895 update

kdcx895 a2dp

kdcx895 bluetooth update

kenwood bluetooth android

kenwood excelon kdc x895 software update
kenwood kd-x895 reviews