Kenwood KDC-X895 Bluetooth Firmware Update Issue

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ricjn, Jul 31, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. ricjn

ricjn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_evil:Recently bought a Kenwood Excelion 895. Overall not a bad unit and has some pretty good features.
    One of the main reasons I bought it was for the built-in bluetooth hands free capability.
    Now currently the built-in bluetooth works fairly well with my T-mobile G2. There are few bugs but mostly minor. Kenwood released a new firmware update for this radio. However it has to be done via bluetooth. I figured I would try the update to see if it fixed the minor bugs.
    This consists of a laptop, their updater tool and the firmware file.
    Now my toshiba laptop has bluetooth drivers. The laptop and the radio can both see each other however kenwood either has a crappy update tool or crappy directions.
    While my laptop and the headunit can both see each other no matter I do their update program tells me no bluetooth device found when I try to perform the update.
    I called Kenwood and some trained monkey on the other side could do nothing but pull up the update procedure pdf off the web. I swear to you he read through the process which I had already printed and told me he nothing else besides that and that his job was basic support.
Search tags for this page
how do i stream audio from droid razr hd thru kenwood kdc-x8
kdc-x895 firmware 4

kdc-x895 update

kdcx895 a2dp

kdcx895 bluetooth update

kenwood bluetooth android

kenwood kdc x895

kenwood kdc x895 firmware update

kenwood kdc-x895 a2dp

kenwood kdc-x895 firmware update