Ultimate Droid

jeter10

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have googled "ultimate droid" and I can't find if it's supported by Verizon or what it IS exactly.

My Droid 1 isn't rooted but I do have the 2.2 upgrade

kernel version 2.6.32.9-g103d848
android build@apa26#1
Build Number FRG01B

Can anyone tell me what it is? I'm new to Droid so please be kind...

Thanks!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Hey!Ultimate Droid is a rom for the Motorola Droid. No it's not supported by verizon. It'd be best not to let Verizon know you're modding your phone as it voids your warranty.

OP
J

jeter10

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I didn't know if it was some type of cool app but I really don't want to mess with the Droid for warranty reasons.

Thanks for the reply! It does look cool though.

crspang

Reaction score
Its easy to revert to stock if you need warranty service, so don't let that stop you from rooting and flashing ROMs. Head over to the hacks section of this forum for more info.

RemyL75

Reaction score
ROM isn't an app, but a different/altered version of the software that runs your phone. Almost always, an altered ROM will give you new or previously unavailable options and will generally be more responsive and overall faster than the stock ROM you are using. You will need to root your phone in order to install a new ROM to your phone. Like crspang sais, head over tot he Dorid 1 hacks section. You should find plenty of newbie tutorials there. Good Luck.