android version 2.2

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
After reading these forums since May, for some reason I thought when I got FROYO finally, that I would possess powers of levitation and be able to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. Imagine my dismay when neither of those happened. ;)

dylanthecat

Reaction score
After reading these forums since May, for some reason I thought when I got FROYO finally, that I would possess powers of levitation and be able to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. Imagine my dismay when neither of those happened. ;)

You need to download the Levitate app

AllFallsApart

Reaction score

You need to download the Levitate app

Do I needed to be rooted for that? Any word on the Laser Beam Eyes beta?

:rofl3:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
cool great thanks for the info .. im looking for the hot spot how do i do that . i cant find how to do that ???

It does not have the hot spot feature.

Correct, Verizon removed the hotspot feature claiming that the Droid did not support it. If you want to add that, you will need to root again and add that way.

samredman

Reaction score
I also got the 2.2 upgrade notice this morning. However, I haven't upgraded yet because, although I have a broadband card on my laptop, I use the PDAnet tether now and then for my other portables (without cards). I was under the impression that PDAnet wouldn't work for tethering under 2.2.

Am I correct in that assumption or does PDAnet still work under 2.2?

JimmyD

Reaction score
I also got the 2.2 upgrade notice this morning. However, I haven't upgraded yet because, although I have a broadband card on my laptop, I use the PDAnet tether now and then for my other portables (without cards). I was under the impression that PDAnet wouldn't work for tethering under 2.2.

Am I correct in that assumption or does PDAnet still work under 2.2?

That assumption is incorrect. I have used PDAnet under 2.2 and I'm not rooted.

The tethering that is not able to be used under 2.2 without additional costs is the stock tethering feature, not PDAnet.

Tether away for free in 2.2 with PDAnet! :)

samredman

Reaction score
I have used PDAnet under 2.2 and I'm not rooted.

The tethering that is not able to be used under 2.2 without additional costs is the stock tethering feature, not PDAnet.

Tether away for free in 2.2 with PDAnet! :)

Thanks so much Jimmy for your quick response... I will do that upgrade now.

Reaction score
Yep, I just got 2.2 OTA just now. Awesome lol. I went to go make something to eat, turned back on my phone and boom right there ha.