Ultimate Droid Confusion!

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Ok...i need some clarification!

I see that UD 8.0 is the most recent on droidforums.net.

On BlackdroidMod's website,the most recent release is 7.0

And in ROMManager,there is a 9.8.0 and V10

What gives? I am super confused! Can someone also please fill me in on why BlackDroidMod is hated on so hard? His Roms are the ****! Throw Watermark'd on top of them and I think it is the JAM!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can't comment on why 8.0 isn't on his site...the ones in ROM manager are 2.1 and BD has since not loaded anything into ROM manager. All current/new releases will be posted here for sure. So just go with the newest here for now.

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'm just getting into this ROM/theme thing and man...as much drama in the coding world as their is in real life...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GohanBurner

Reaction score
UD 8.0.0 is on his personal site for me? What phone are you using, the DROID 1 has the 8.0.0 readily available, I don't know for sure about the other ones though.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you are at the wrong site. I was there a little while ago to check for ud9 and UD8 was there under downloads. Go to his section in the forum and you can get UD8 there or follow a link to his site.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Oh the site if you go to the downloads link on the mainpage it only shows 7, you have to go to the forums/droid/roms, his site is a huge disaster if you ask me, your best bet is to bookmark this forum and avoid the official site.

relentive

Reaction score
The website is a little spread out right now. Between working on ROMs and setting up a support section for the new UD 9.0 Froyo eXtreme, he's had little time to get it completed. It's coming together, but will take some time. Also, stuff may have been broken during the transfer from one server to another. He upgraded to a dedicated server. A lot going on.

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Sweet guys, thanks for all the great info!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you are at the wrong site. I was there a little while ago to check for ud9 and UD8 was there under downloads. Go to his section in the forum and you can get UD8 there or follow a link to his site.

On the main page of BD's site, if you scroll down below the big box at the top, FB, twitter etc links, and the IRC chat box, UD7 is listed as the latest release. BD's home page has ALWAYS been lacking on keeping current with the latest releases.