UD 3.3.1 usb tethering & pc connection/kernel inquiry.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
For anyone on 3.3.1 who has swapped out the stock kernel for a different one, does your usb tethering work & what about connecting to your pc, when connecting to your pc does it show connection/notification of both debugging & that the usb is connected & have you & are u able to transfer files between your pc & droid? & finally what kernel are u now running?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I am running 3.3.1 and I swapped out the original kernel with a reprimed kernel by prime and my connection to the pc wouldn't work. I recently updated my kernel with primes deprimed and am running the primed script and usb seems to be working now as he has updated his kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
That was the theory I was theorizing, that any kernel that does not have the updated usb tethering/usb fix (cvps gets the credit there) will cause probs when trying to use the usb tethering or connecting to a pc via usb ? hell i may be wrong though...

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the kernels need to be updated with the fix in order for usb to work. Very frustrating as my phone is extremely picky with kernels and my go to kernels all won't work with the usb issue. Check out primes deprimed kernel, seems to work well for me. There are different scripts you can use to make the kernel run in ulv,lv,mv(sv).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums