USB Mount doesn't show in notification bar

sandfreak

Reaction score
I've searched all over the net with no luck.

Flashed UD 3.3.0 last night and since then i've not been able to mount via usb to pc. Had no problems before, though maybe I've missed something...

It's now 5:30 am. I've been up all night trying to figure this out :icon_evil: lol

When I plug in via usb the pc recognizes my droid but i get no option in the notification bar to mount. I've tried checking and unchecking usb debugging, i've rebooted computer and phone, i've tried different usb ports, i've tried removing battery and sd card.

I don't know what else to do so I'm hoping somebody with greater knowledge can help.

Edit: I'm wondering if it has something to do with drivers??? but I don't know how to tell....

Edit2: Just tried to update drivers and pc said I had latest drivers...

chris79

Reaction score
I installed 3.3.0 a few hours ago and USB is working fine for me. I can mount via menu. Have you completely wiped before install?

Sent from my Droid running Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 using DroidForums

chris79

Reaction score
I always backup my apps with Titanium Backup and do a complete wipe of everything with new RZR recovery. I then restore my apps and spend about 10 minutes tweaking the rest. I would try that.

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
just completely wiped and reflashed rom....still doesn't work.

i flash roms weekly so i have a decent idea of what i'm doing...i just don't understand it

Edit: Ok i was able to mount via recovery, so anybody know why the option to mount doesn't show in the notification bar?

chris79

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Did you try on more than one computer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

craigs93

Reaction score
USB Mounting

I'm not sure what is causing your problem. I flashed right over 3.2.5 without a wipe and it works fine to me. Even fixed my camera issues!! :)

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
people are probably getting tired of hearing from me lol but...

i just flashed back to ss5.2 to check if it works and it worked fine.

so is there a setting i'm missing somewhere?

does anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
well i downloaded a new ud3.3.0 and it works like a charm now.

i've heard it's possible to get a bad download but never experienced it before.

dancedroid

nathan56989

Reaction score
I totally freaked out when this happened to me as well, and somehow the drivers were either different or gone from my computer. When you plug you phone in it will promt on your computer to configure or something. Click "yes this time only". All should be fine after you go through that. I was in your same shoes. I thought i was completely screwed. Although I always do a back up so I wasn't too worried after I remember I did a back up. If that doesn't work I'm not sure.